or Connect

Posts by wwisdomskr

My husband has a cousin named Wendell!  It suits him very well.    Naming children is hard work!  I did get a little insight into this baby, yesterday, and came up with a couple of possibilities.  I feel more relaxed about it now.  I am simultaneously deeply bonded and still in complete denial!  How is THAT possible?!    Love this baby so much...but I have no idea how I'm going to manage with 4 kids.  lol   We never, ever share names before the birth.  Irritates...
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this!  My heart hurts for her!  Ditto on the news coverage.  I just hope that she experiences support instead of intrusiveness.
We are planning our 3rd homebirth, probably a waterbirth.  I love laboring in the shower and birthing in the water!  We are so close to our midwife that it feels like we are having a family birth.  Our daughters are really good friends and get together often to play.  There will potentially be a lot of people there, but they are all fine with being kicked out at any time!  We don't have biological family nearby, but we have a very loving and close-knit chosen family. ...
I think you are very wise to take sleep seriously and to make a plan for your health and well-being.  It all trickles down from Mama.  And, as the cliche goes, there's a reason why sleep-deprivation is used as a form of torture!    My oldest was a preemie, with reflux, and it felt like Hell!  We had to keep her upright all the time and I seriously remember feeling like I was going to die.  I really get it.  She's 11 now and just told me that it's time for her to...
Yes, please don't buy into the hype!  Our bodies don't make babies that we can't birth and if they do, it's because of a medical problem that you will generally know about before the pregnancy.  My bigger babies were easier to birth than my preemie, btw.  Also, as a homebirthing mama, you are even better off.  Nothing will interrupt your hormones and you'll be free to move into whatever positions your baby needs.  I would be worried about birthing a "big" baby while...
I must confess that we have not even begun to discuss any names.  I've been so sick that we are still in survival mode.  Hopefully, this sweetie will start revealing her/himself and help me out a little!  lol
I'm sorry you're in pain, too!  Ugh.  If we were near the end, I would be more inclined to just deal.  The kicker for me was when my son got away from me and pulled the fire alarm, last week, during my daughters' swim team practice.  I was hesitant to get up and chase him because it hurt so badly, and then it was totally MY fault!    I can't spend another 5 months like this...   I e-mailed some friends and got a wonderful rec for a place that does manual physical...
Stuff like this worries me.  Are you familiar with Dr. James McKenna?  Babies sleep cycles and habits are very much tied to their safety.  All of my babies have slept with us and all of them have slept differently.  My youngest slept better from the start than his older sisters ever have!  He's had his moments, though.  Oy.  Growth spurts, illness, etc.  Sleep really is imperative for the entire family, I completely agree.  However, I think it's safer to adjust our lives...
No one?  I asked my mw for a referral, today.  She's going to put it in the mail for me.  I'm having a hard time chasing my little one and the pain is really severe at night.  Not sure how I'll work out the childcare, but we'll just take it one step at a time.
Right before our first homebirth, my husband put in a flash tankless water heater.  One of our best investments EVER!  We never run out of hot water and it's very energy efficient.    Oh ok.  I didn't realize it was just a conservative approach that your midwife has.  I was worried that you had been told you needed to transfer period.