or Connect

Posts by aiccerb

My friends DS coloured our fireplace bricks at our old place. This was years ago, but the only thing that I found that helped was super hot water and lots of white cloths to blot with. The hot water would soften the wax and I would blot with the cloth. More super hot water, and blot. It took forever but it did come off. I used a brick cleaner from the hardware store to lift the last layer of colour that had stained the bricks. Good luck!!
Fantastic article:
I love the name Keiran. We also have a Liam
We were rug free as you put it for a number of years. It was just easier when the kids were babies/toddlers. I quite liked it at the time, but I much prefer it now that we have a couple area rugs out. Its softer for the kids to play on, toys dont roll under the furniture as easily lol, but most importantly it really helps with accoustics. The house doesnt seem as loud or like a hall with the rugs down.
We live in a small house too and love the trundle bed. My boys share a room in bunk beds, then we have a pull out trundle (looks ikea-ish) that pulls out from underneath the bottom bunk for bedtime. We have carpeting in that room so we took the casters off as they were USELESS on carpeting and replaced the regular twin matress with an Obasan matress. It's much lighter and easier to pull out. The kids all prefer the trundle, idk why, but we had to make a turn chart to...
If you are not up for doing it yourself, I'd call around and ask what products different cleaners use. We have a local guy who is all natural. He uses natural products to spot clean stains, then just steams to rinse and disinfect the carpet afterwards. We were a little doubtful when we first talked to him that it would be effective, but the carpet in the boys room really did come up nicely
Quote: Originally Posted by joensally When was he screened for autism? Some people end up diagnosed later, as the world becomes more complicated as they age. His sensory eval was done at 3.5 yrs and his autism one was at the end of kindergarden (1.5 years ago) when his anxiety was starting to be noticible.
Quote: Originally Posted by Purple Cat Have you had him evaluated for sensory processing disorder -- sensory issues? A lot of things you describe sound sensory to me. And, yes, they do sound like elements of anxiety, too. Anxiety and sensory issues overlap and can go hand-in-hand. I'm not surprised you notice similiarities with his autistic brother. All children with autism have sensory issues. But not all children with sensory issues have autism. ...
My 7 yr. old DS's anxiety has been dramatically increasing this last year and I dont know where to start looking for website and books to read. My dh is not on board and Im feeling pretty isolated. Can someone please help? Back story, he is a very smart, social, charming, yet quirky kinda kiddo He did not meet the criteria for a dx on the autsim spectrum, but I see a lot of similarites to his brother who is autistic. Right now we've noticed that he is:avoiding...
My 7 yr. old DS's anxiety has been dramatically increasing this last year and I dont know where to start looking for website and books to read. My dh is not on board and Im feeling pretty isolated. Can someone please help? Back story, he is a very smart, social, charming, yet quirky kinda kiddo He did not meet the criteria for a dx on the autsim spectrum, but I see a lot of similarites to his brother who is autistic. Right now we've noticed that he is:avoiding...