or Connect

Posts by chellemarie

I love Summer. Amazingly, I have tons more time to read. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld I gave this four out of five stars on Goodreads.com Tally is a 15 year old whose 16th birthday will bring a life-changing operation that will make her beautiful. For the children in Tally's world, this operation marks entry into a world where everyone and everything is pretty. On the fringe, there are people who believe this pretty-making procedure does more than make you...
I second the Elizabeth Berg. You might also try Barbara Kingsolver, Anne Tyler, Jane Smiley, Sue Miller. Here is a list of suggestions for novels about Family Relationships. Here's a nice link of suggestions, too: If You Like Maeve Binchy You Might Enjoy... And another list! Female Authors That Are Similar
Quote: Originally Posted by A&A There was a huge thread about it but it's hard to find without the search function! I like NewCrunchyDaddy's term for it: "literary crack" ! Here's a tip for searching MDC. Google the following: site:mothering.com/discussions "search terms" I love the Twilight series. I think I'm first in line at our library for Breaking Dawn. : The writing isn't great, the books aren't going to save the world. But!...
Quote: Originally Posted by ledzepplon It's a picture book about a kid who gets a huge cardboard box from his mom's washer and dryer, or refrigerator, and makes a house, then cuts it down to something else, then something smaller and smaller until it's a soggy scrap of wet cardboard. I loved this book when I was a kid, and can't think of the name! Google isn't helping me so far. Thanks in advance! I posted this same question here a long...
Dear Everyone At MDC Who Read Case Histories by Kate Atkinson, Thank you for reading it and posting it here. I wouldn't have found this book without you. Love, Me This isn't the best book ever for me but it's good. I've read good books lately that made me want to keep reading, but the pages of Case Histories demand to be turned. I love that in a book. It did unravel a bit toward the end. As though the author couldn't maintain the intensity and just GO THERE. But...
You Suck: A Love Story by Christopher Moore Christopher Moore is a fun guy to read. This follow-up to Bloodsucking Fiends had fewer proofreading problems and I was grateful.
The Host by Stephenie Meyer This was a fun, enjoyable story. I struggled with the main character's motivation near the end of the story but it didn't matter in the end. Stephenie Meyer does a super job of writing sexual tension. It's a little ridiculous how much I wanted everybody to just DO IT ALREADY! Whew.
Sticking an arrow on this one. Hopefully I'll have something to report shortly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Verity Chelle, was the whole CD a fake, or just that one song? If it's the real thing, I'd pay you to make me a copy. The songs on the CD are real, it's just that my friend inserted a picture of her husband onto the cover. I didn't even notice until she pointed it out. I do not know if I have the technology or skillz to make a copy. If I do, you wouldn't have to pay. I'm pretty sure that would make me a...
I haven't thought about that show in ages! I watched it in the summer at my grandma's house.