or Connect

Posts by chellemarie

A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore. Moore is a very funny man. Although it fell off a little for me right at the end, I enjoyed this book. I'm definitely reading more by this author. Check out his myspace.
Quote: Originally Posted by Alkenny If you are thinking of canceling the cable because you're canceling the cable tv also (or paying for the HIGH speed cable itself) check first and see if the cable company offers a 'light' version of internet service. We had Roadrunner Lite, less than $20 a month and I seriously couldn't see any difference from the high-speed version of it, for less money. I was going to suggest Roadrunner Lite. We're going to...
Mine are the same others have listed... Brokeback Mountain No Country For Old Men (so good, though *shiver*) Requiem For A Dream I would never watch "Boys Don't Cry" again for the same reasons others probably have...but also because the accents used in the movie irritated me. Maybe the real people did talk like that, but until I know that for certain, the accents seemed manipulated to make the setting more "hick". I thought it was insulting.
Quote: Originally Posted by readytobedone i've just about decided to try meds. i don't know what else to do. i went to see my old counselor yesterday who gave me a sort of "plan" to help with my sleep...but i tried the plan last night (stay up as late as i want, till i'm exhausted, but don't take any ativan, and make myself wake up at the same time every morning--idea being i will eventually wear myself out by staying up late and getting up early, and...
I am so sorry, ktbug.
You might like Bill Bryson.
I watched the DVRed show last night after reading Cranberry's question about the "bottom two" so I paid close attention. That phrase was not used. He might have said, "And that leaves Brooke and Syesha." and "One of these two girls is leaving us tonight." He did not say, "This is your bottom two." or "That means Brooke and Syesha are bottom two." About David Cook Tuesday night, Paula said she was looking at the American Idol. Ryan asked David Cook what he thought...
Quote: Originally Posted by choli Hannah Montana is a brand. Miley Cyrus is a young woman. There is no "who" to Hannah Montana. She's a Disney creation. Miley is a young woman, but given the premise of her show, it is particularly difficult in this instance to divorce the character and the actress. Where one begins and the other ends is the whole gig. I think it is a lot easier to distinguish between Lindsay Lohan and the characters she...
Ugh - and if you look at the video or slide show at Vanity Fair, you'll see that when she's photographed alone, the black tank top covers her stomach. It's pulled UP to show her belly when she's posed with her dad. WTH?
Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana is a brand. It's marketed to children who are younger than 15. There is a fan base of 10 year old girls who want to gobble up everything Miley-related. So it's disappointing. My daughter is entertained with the music and television and movies this girl has done and I've not had any objections to it. I feel let down. Again. I thought we had another year or two at least before we saw this girl naked or draped across the lap of grown man. Do I...