or Connect

Posts by chellemarie

Syesha - I thought she did well and it was too bad she was at the beginning. People will forget her. I think she'll go home. Jason Castro - I get a Leonard Cohen vibe from him. I think the vocal imperfections are kind of what makes this kid. I didn't think his performance was all that bad. No Hallelujah, but not a train wreck. Brooke - OMG. I love her because she is so nice and she is like my total opposite. Kind, sweet, genuinely nice. But let me tell you something,...
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly This is a wonderful book about a boy who travels to the realm of fairy tales and faces many challenges finding his way back. It's a journey that involves grieving his mother's death, accepting his father's new life and growing out of boyhood. I love this book so much, I want to lock the author in a tower and make him tell me bedtime stories every night. And we'd live happily ever after.
Quote: Originally Posted by Oriole No no, Breaking Dawn is the 4th book. The Host is just another book by Stephanie Meyer, and it's coming out in May. I don't think The Host is in any way connected to Twilight series... just the same author. The Host is about a love triangle between one person and another and the alien that is living in one of them. It's being marketed as adult fiction rather than YA.
The Fat Girl's Guide to Life by Wendy Shanker I liked this and think she presented some interesting points about size issues. There were times when her voice irritated me and left me believing that she only thinks it's okay to be fat if you work out regularly. Like, I'm fat but I hit my target heart rate like I'm supposed to but YOU are fat and you just sit around all day with Ben and Jerry so you're a BAD kind of fat. She wasn't saying it outright, but I saw it in...
I work in a library. I've got some thoughts about this. Quote: Originally Posted by cravenab00 i hide them at the library, like underneath the shelving units The library is the one place everyone can go to access any and all information. Your hiding these titles is infringing on someone else's rights to information. Most libraries I'm familiar with are woefully understaffed. The amount of time it takes to reshelve books is substantial....
I big-giant-pink-puffy-heart LOVE www.goodreads.com. What is up with the terminology on gnooks!? It cracks me up! It's fun to put nonsense into the favorite author fields and see what happens. If "my mom" "your mom" and "pig lips" are your favorite authors, you might like Wayne Green. Hilarious.* Thank you for those links. *OOPS. You're not supposed to give it nonsense words. I broke it and now it will ONLY suggest Wayne Green. D'oh!
Thank you both. My Walmart does have this carseat. I was looking in the wrong place.
We have a Ford Explorer with a low backseat and the middle belt is lap only. My guy is over 40 pounds and has outgrown the five-point harness seat we've been using. I need a forward-facing carseat that can be used with the harness OVER 40lbs. I'd like to keep the price under $200. There isn't a place to buy one locally so I'd also love suggestions for where to shop online. TIA
Quote: Originally Posted by Adamsmama I was surprised by tonight's show. First of all -- was part of their group performance prerecorded? That didn't sound "real". I was a little shocked of who was in the bottom 3 ... except for the person that I thought would go (but was shocked when the results were made). I don't think Ramiele's mic was on during the group fiasco. And I think Amanda was told not to sing anything other than her solo bit. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Benji'sMom Why are you planning to take her off the formula if you still haven't figured out what solid food she can tolerate? I think doctors tell you it's okay to stop formula and start cow's milk at a year. That's probably why. I personally wouldn't adjust mental health medications to relactate. Your mental health is more important than breastmilk. I would put that last sentence in giant, bold, flashing type if I...