or Connect

Posts by chellemarie

I know we're all about breastfeeding here and noses tend to point skyward when we hear about babies eating formula. But formula keeps babies alive. I wouldn't take her off the formula yet. I think she's too little to go without it. If you have enough milk you can pump, you can try that. But it's time to tuck the guilt aside and remember what is most important: feeding your baby right now. When you say you give her everything, I assume you mean she eats what you eat. I...
I used What Should I Read Next? to see what it recommends for you. All four of your favorites had a Sue Miller title listed in the results. At least two of them listed Stones from the River by Ursula Hegi. Other authors your titles had in common are Chris Bohjalian, Jacquelyn Mitchard, and Jane Hamilton. You might like Elizabeth Berg, Anne Tyler, Barbara Kingsolver, Jane Smiley. Alice Sebold has a new novel, The Almost Moon.
Quote: Originally Posted by lava mama * Do NOT read "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood unless you're really into reading about dystopia's and completely, completely restrictive governments. Of course, I tend to internalize everything and think, "What if I live to see this happen." If you're like me in that regard, then don't read it! That's about all I can think of right now. I try to avoid anything that is to "deep" because I just can't handle...
I thought the sadder secret this week was this one. Hands down. What's worse is that there are many children whose father AND mother could have both sent that secret.
The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without by Mollie Katzen I have never made any of the recipes in her cookbooks, but I love, love, love reading them. This one was great and I'm tempted to actually try some of the recipes - when I figure out how to bribe my kids to help me eat them.
Quote: Originally Posted by kjbrown92 I also like Good Earth Sweet & Spicy tea. I second and third this. I looove Good Earth Sweet and Spicy tea. I can't recommend their red tea, though. It tastes like cough syrup to me.
I have looked and looked for gum without aspartame. I can't find any. Carefree gum was sugar-free without aspartame but I can't find that anywhere anymore. I'd rip off my right arm for a little rectangle of Trident spearmint gum without nutra-sweet. Or Trident original. Or bubblegum flavor. GAH! It's hard to find mints that don't have aspartame, too. Tic Tacs are the best bet, though I've found some Certs, too. And Altoids. Ah. Altoids - I don't think Altoids chewing...
We have two and I'll be ordering another this summer since my littlest will be in Kindy. I love them. They make packing lunch fun. My sister watched me making their lunches one night and said, "This is awesome. It's like...my moment of Zen." We didn't have the carrying cases at first, but I wouldn't go without now that I have them. I can pack more stuff in it for my big kids. I sometimes use the outside zipper pocket to tuck in more food or notes or napkins. If you...
I like the idea of freezing the yogurt tubes. We freeze applesauce cups for lunches that need to be kept cold without an ice pack. You could also freeze bottled water or juice to keep the lunch cool. I think that will open up a bunch of options for you. One of my kids' favorite lunches is what I call "The Momable". One English muffin, toasted enough tomato/pizza/spaghetti sauce to spread on each half shredded mozzarella sliced pepperoni I pack that all the night before...
Quote: Originally Posted by North_Of_60 Oh dear. I just watched the 100th episode of the Chelsea Lately Show where she had Jenny McCarthy on as a guest. Picturing those two women in the same room blows my mind. I am sorry I missed it!