or Connect

Posts by lovemyfamily6

My local hfs just started carrying these. They have actual soap nuts or a bottle already made into liquid. She told me they're supposed to be great for diapers, but wasn't sure how much to use or if the wash routine is different. Does anyone know if the actual nuts or the liquid would be better for diapers? We use prefolds and bummis/thirsties covers. We have a front load machine. I have no idea how much to use. I was thinking maybe I'd get the liquid for diapers and...
Our cat was in our basement about a month ago and accidentally got left down there (kids shut the door). I'm sure that's when it happened. My mom and dad are coming for Thanksgiving on Wednesday, and will be sleeping on that bed. I just went down to take sheets off and there was a big pee stain on the blanket. Pulled that back and it's through the sheets and onto the mattress. It smells horrible and it's a large area. What can I put on it so it smells fine by...
Quote: Originally Posted by momofmine What exactly do you mean by their poops are not solid? Do you mean they are completely not formed at all? Diarrhea-like? Not always like diarrhea. Sometimes though. Typically very soft. It always takes a LOT of wiping, even with me doing it. They never have just a normal, formed, firmer stool. We're going to first try soy. We had some vegetarian burger crumbles in chili a couple nights ago. We needed a...
Quote: Originally Posted by kjbrown92 And if it is an intolerance, then "limiting" doesn't do much good, it has to be COMPLETELY eliminated (and healing measures started) to give the body a chance to heal and realign itself. Food dye is everywhere. After I found out that DS was reacting to blue 1, I started looking around. Marshmallows have blue 1 -- except they're WHITE. What? It's in all sorts of foods, lots of medicines, etc. Exactly. We...
We're also about to embark on this. As well as eliminating artificial colors and flavors. Our three older boys have issues with stools that are never firm and the oldest complains of a tummy ache daily and one of the twins has had some major behavior issues over the last year and a half or so. I posted on the Allergy forum and it was suggested to try gluten free, dye/flavorings and possibly soy. We've been trying to cut back on the soy anyway. I'm not sure what to do...
Thanks everyone for your responses. I appreciate all the input. I'm completely overwhelmed. I talked to my husband briefly before preschool today and said I think we should try gluten free and food dye free. We've already been trying to limit soy. I'm finding lots of resources, but it's all so overwhelming! I have a feeling our dinners are going to be rice or quinoa, veggies and beans every night. I've got a lot of reading to do. Quote: Originally Posted...
One of our 5 1/2 year old twins has had behavior issues for a long time. About one and a half years now. We kept attributing it to different things- preschool, change in routine when school was out, baby brother, just a phase, etc. But while his twin brother and older brother do go through true phases, he is this way constantly. He doesn't listen. He laughs if he's told to stop something. He's got an incredible amount of energy, which his other brother has too, but his...
Quote: Originally Posted by lafemmedesfemmes my two cents then, would be to try the fleece liners and really work on your pinning skills. i'm not familiar with the cotton babies insert sock. they look like they're made of suedecloth? if they are, then i know that suedecloth works well for keeping the baby dry-- it's the same material as my "daycare diapers". i don't know how it compares to fleece though-- sorry. i would also look at trying a...
Well, I bought a few things non-organic last week and I didn't like eating it at all. Not that it would have tasted bad, but it's just been such an important part of us for the last few years, it didn't feel right to buy conventional! Dh and I talked and decided that I will make more of an effort to do more "from scratch" stuff here, and also make more dinners so he can take leftovers for work the next day. He works nights, so M-F he goes out. And since we're...
We have an HE washer/dryer and it works well for us, but we use prefolds. I purposely went with pf's instead of FB's or something because I worried about all the stink issues I heard about.