or Connect

Posts by lovemyfamily6

I'm determined to give cloth one more try. See http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=997610 for background on why I'm struggling. I'm going to go to a fabric store today and buy some microfleece to put on top of the diapers to see if that helps. If it does, then I'll know that pockets might be our answer. But, I really really love our prefolds. And I just bought five additional covers shortly before the problems started. I would love to have prefolds work all...
I don't fit your criteria because I haven't had both. I have had the Tofurky roast though. This will be our fifth year to have them. I love them so much that I don't even feel the need to try anything else. I just bought three today (it was all our little hfs had). We'll use two at Thanksgiving and I'll get more before Christmas. My mom and dad don't care for them, but when we became vegetarian, they weren't very open minded and decided they didn't like it after my mom...
Thanks. I need to buy a fleece jacket for all of us. I've been wanting to find one anyway because we're keeping the thermostat cooler this year.
I guess I should get off my butt and try some fleece as a liner to see if that helps before investing in a whole new stash of diapers. If we stuff FB's with a prefold, will it be too bulky? Will it stay in place or shift?
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Try an extra HOT rinse and watch for bubbles. Warm doesn't release the soap for me. -Angela I did that. I actually did the sanitary cycle. No bubbles. I'm really wondering about pocket diapers now. Fuzzi Bunz? I was looking at jilliansdrawers.com and the description of pocket diapers is keeps baby dry and rash free. We'd have to spend so much money again though, and we *should* already have everything...
Man, this is terrible. I'm a mom of FOUR kids. Four. And I'm just now learning with my youngest as an 18 month old that they shouldn't be in a carseat with a coat because of compression risk if in an accident. I feel awful. How did it never occur to me? I've always been obsessive about proper positioning of the car seat straps, proper tightness of the straps, having the seat so tight that it couldn't move. How did I not know this???? Anyway, it's cold here. It's been...
My 18 month old son moves his chest clip too. The straps are tight, but he slides it down. He hasn't gotten his arms out though. We moved his seat next to our oldest and he moves it up now whenever the little one slides it down.
Okay, I know I said we're not buying anything new, but I can't stop obsessing about this. Maybe the problem is that he can't handle the wetness/poo against his skin. Maybe the 7th Generation don't have as much of the gel as the Pampers and that's why he reacts in them as well. People have suggested fleece before to lay in the diaper but I haven't tried it. The prefolds are so bulky as it is that I don't know if I want to add even more to it. Plus I tried a cotton liner one...
We bought the one that plugs in to the tv, just regular Leapster I think, this past summer when our twins turned 5. We have the Backyardigan's game and Animal Genius. Our oldest turned 7 a month ago and likes AG a lot. We're going to get a couple more games for Christmas. He enjoys it. I talk to people at work and they're getting Nintendo DS and PSP's for their 5 year old's. I'm really happy with Leapster. It's entertaining, not too expensive and they have fun.
My husband LOVES shirts. He has a ton. Over 100. He gets t-shirts all the time. Free ones, so you know, they're great. : Full of advertising for whatever. When we moved to our house, the master bedroom has a walk in closet and a much smaller closet with bifold doors. I said "I guess we know who gets the walk in closet" and the realtor said "Yep, women and their shoes right, buddy?" to dh. I laughed and said no, it was dh for all of his shirts! I've asked him before to get...