or Connect

Posts by lovemyfamily6

I've posted several threads about our problems. Things were going great until ds was 15 months. He was teething and getting wicked rashes. Bleeding bottoms and really painful for him. He would scream at diaper changes. I used Pampers so I could use triple paste and it cleared up quickly. We went back to cloth and his bottom was quickly bleeding again. We did end up seeing the pediatrician who verified that it wasn't yeast. We switched back to Pampers and he was soon fine...
Quote: Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache Were your tomatoes peeled? Sometimes that helps. As to the eczema, it sounds like you're "atopic" right now (prone to allergic responses) and it really could be anything from food to laundry soap to shampoo to stress. Do you take probiotics and CLO? They were canned diced tomatoes. And salsa from a restaurant. And salsa at home. And tomato sauce on pizza. We eat a lot of tomatoes! I don't...
My twins are 5 and we still have some things that are put away where they can't get to them without our help. It all depends on the kid. Our oldest, he's very good with stuff and can handle a lot. They can't yet. I agree with a pp about the fish. If he really wants to feed the fish, put a tiny amount of fish food in a dish and let him dump it in. That's what we ended up doing with our guys. They really wanted to feed them, but didn't get that we were serious about not...
Quote: Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache Some of that sounds like hives, too. If you take benadryl and they go away, you'll know. My friend gets those bumps (hives) with tomatoes. It's gotten worse as she's gotten older. Do you have any itchiness in your mouth? Sometimes the roof of my mouth itches. I attributed it to seasonal allergies, but I guess it's a little too cold for that now. My lips and around my mouth are pretty itchy...
Hmm, that's something to look in to. I wonder if it could be tomatoes?? We eat a lot of tomatoes in sauce. We had them last night and I had leftovers for lunch today. Since I posted this, there are more red bumps. The others aren't a cluster like the dime sized spot, but rather just individual bumps. My face is itchy (around the mouth and chin). I'll look more into that.
Thanks. The scalp seems to be clearing up now but my face is terrible. It's embarrassing. It's about the size of a dime and very visible. I've been using the ointment again so hopefully it will go away, but I think a new patch is getting ready to come right above it. There are a few tiny little bumps in a spot and it is a little bit itchy. That's how the other thing started. I'm probably going to go to the doctor soon for something if I can't clear it up on my own. I'd...
I need help on two separate issues. First, it occurred to me today that dh and I have taught our kids not to listen to us. We've done that by saying/stating/restating/saying it again/finally yelling (at which point they listen, but think we're mean then because we yelled). I guess we've taught them that we don't mean what we say the first time we say it. How do you do that? We don't ask because that gives an opportunity for no. An example- yesterday they brought all...
We're vegetarian. We don't buy dairy or eggs already. We are having some tough financial times right now and until February. Last March we unexpectedly bought a van. Our car was 14 years old and needed several thousand dollars worth of work to run again, so we made the choice to buy the van we wanted then rather than almost a year later when our other vehicle would be paid off. We knew it would get tough near the end, and it has! We don't have many extras, the bulk of our...
Quote: Originally Posted by intentionalmama I am trying to figure out how to word this. I have a 5 1/2 year old boy and he loves doing things that he thinks he is not suppose to do. When he is together with a little friend of his they get this look in their eye and they love doing whatever it is they are doing especially if I show some concern or dismay with it. Now, the thing is I usually don't have a problem with what they are doing. As a matter of...
Wow! I've never heard of overstock.com. That's a cool site. Thanks! Is down alternative safe? It looks like the filling is the same as a regular comforter- polyester, is that right? I know that's not natural, but I'm okay with it because cost is a concern too, and I don't know that a 100% cotton blanket would be warm enough. Those down alternative blankets look really nice! Thanks for the IKEA tip too. We live a couple hours away from one, but my friend is going there...