or Connect

Posts by lovemyfamily6

Quote: Originally Posted by phatchristy We have certain rules here in the house. Before we go out somewhere everyone uses the bathroom and also before stories and bedtime at night everyone uses the potty. I don't know about the 'asking them if they have to go' thing. It may be that it just needs to be a new rule to use it as he has shown you pretty consistently he needs to go at that time. Potty before play in the park outside may need to be the new...
We LOVE chickpea cutlets! I always bake them, never fry. We're having them tonight actually, only I made them into nuggets and strips. Love the potato soup, the cranberry orange bread, black bean burgers and the creamy tomato soup.
Thanks! I've been eating sunflower seeds lately and that's helpful. I'll have to look at some different nuts as well. I remember that we used to keep macadamia nuts around. I think that was from SB too. I don't like a ton of nuts plain but I did like those.
Quote: Originally Posted by aaronsmom How would I feel if some person said "Can I borrow your car/cell phone/laptop?" and I said no and then someone else came along and made me let them borrow it? I'd be pretty PO'd. That's for sure. That's a great way to look at it! I think the same thing about when we were using timeouts. What if I did something that annoyed dh and instead of telling me he'd like me to stop, he barked "That's 1." and...
Can I do it? My toddler is 18 months and only bf'ing a couple times a day, but I don't want to stop anytime soon. I'm vegetarian, but don't eat straight dairy (like milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream) or eggs. My doctor recommended I lower my carbs because I have PCOS and I've been gaining weight around the middle in spite of more healthful eating (calorie wise, but not lower carbs). He did some blood tests and my fasting blood sugar was high. He recommended 25-30 grams of...
Hmmm, that's a really good thought. I think I'll try it. We've been having a lot of squabbles lately. Who am I kidding, all the time!! I feel kind of bad because the twins share almost everything (including a bedroom). I finally gave them a small bin of their own to put their special things in that they absolutely don't have to share unless they feel like it. That helped immensely. I think this is a concept they could get behind and they're old enough to "get" it, so I'm...
I missed these two posts in my last reply. Quote: Originally Posted by Violet2 Can you sit in the cargo area and pre-empt their behavior? Can you have an interesting toy ready to offer them to keep them busy? Distraction might work up to a point. A game of 'who can get in their seat the fastest'? Or some other game. Try to turn the power struggle into something fun. No, I don't even want them sitting in the cargo area because I have the...
I have a friend with 5 year old twins and neither of them like jeans at all. All of my kids love jeans and even choose them to sleep in instead of jammies. My twins go through jeans like crazy. I buy at Children's Place because they fit best, but I buy them a pair a month usually. I love shorts weather! If you don't buy from thrift stores, I'd recommend Sears because of the Kidvantage program. If they wear out before they're outgrown, Sears will replace them in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by dnr3301 I'd sit down with them and ask them what they think the solution is. Seriously, they'll come up with some wild stuff, but write down every single idea without comment. Even the "mom lets us do whatever we want and doesn't get mad" one. This is straight out of "how to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk", which is a pretty good book, if you are interested in reading it. so you sit down with them...
Those are good thoughts, but the carseat thing happens often, not just at preschool. Like if we just went to the park, I'll say it's time to go and they get in their seats and buckle, then look at each other and giggle and use their twin ESP to decide to climb back there. A new seating arrangement isn't an option currently either. Dh gives them LOTS of attention. He goes in that room after spending a good two hours only with them. He plays with them, sometimes they go...