or Connect

Posts by midwyfjan

I'm sure donating it does help someone. However, my annoyance is with those free "samples" (cases?) of formula that just show up at your door. I suggest to my clients that they don't open the box, write "DELIVERY REFUSED - RETURN TO SENDER" on the box, and the post office has to send it back, with the sender paying the return postage. Seems like this might cause the formula companies to reconsider shipping out all that free stuff in the hopes of interrupting...
As a midwife that does a lot of home waterbirths, I can tell you that everything the wise women here have been saying is true. MANY women who think they can't be naked, end up being so! And it's fine, of course. A lot do wear sports bras, bathing suit tops or tanks/camisoles (the ones with the built in shelf bras are nice). One very modest woman birthed in the water in her knee-length nursing nightgown, which billowed up all around her as she labored, and under which I had...
I'm a homebirth midwife and I do test my moms at 36 weeks, but if she is positive, I request that they do a protocol that includes intravaginal garlic for 4-5 nites, then another week or so of TTO suppositories or "tampons" (a couple of drops of TTO on a cotton ball, with dental floss attached for removal the next morning), then a week's worth of good probiotics inserted vaginally at nite. I ask them to use the Hibiclens wash during labor (no studies show any benefit from...