or Connect

Posts by NewLeaf

Maybe it is a lost in translation thing, but I got asked this morning by a Japanese woman I work with (I live in Japan), "So, is it all settled? Are you having that baby?" I had no idea how to reply and she just kept her finger pointed at my big ol' belly and was waiting so sincerely for an answer. Luckily, another colleague came up to ask me something. I am still not sure what she meant by that!
I found out that I was pregnant the first day of starting to work at a new school. Wanting to do well, with the pressure of being the bread-earner- my DH stays home with our son- I felt the need to perform well this year despite my memory of having the worst baby-brain last time around and trying to teach IB Bio. A few months ago, when I forgot how to spell "who" when writing on the board (I could not think of what on earth it could have started with) I knew I had to do...
My 6mo DS has a boil on his bum. It came and went, and now it is back again. I went on line and learned about Staph. Got scared, of course, and took him to the doc. yesterday. The doc. was about 95 years old (we live in Japan) and laughed when he saw it and gave us antibiotics. I kept trying to ask if they are needed for sure, if there is not some gel to put on, etc. My son is EBF and feels so pure, I hate the thought of using antibiotics yet. Anyway, out of fear...
You described my ds, also 6 mo. The only time he really nurses well now is when he is sleepy. I can feel his first little tooth coming in with my finger but cannot see it yet. The back bending is driving me nuts! Can't say anything about the poops because DH has been the one to catch those lately
I love "Hapa-ness", RainCoastMama. Here is our big boy (I hope- first time adding a link...) DH is Japanese (we live in Japan) and I am a Swedish, French, German, Cherokee, mixed American. http://photobucket.com/Mommataiga
We splurged for the hangup thinking of all the things we were not buying- and MIL paid half... Anyway, we have been very happy with it. Although my boy is only 4 months now- he is over 20 pounds and very long. We have used it since birth and plan on using it for nap times as long as possible. A few bounces and he is out. Hubby recorded his voice saying Sh Sh Sh and it plays on repeat on the ipod. Does the trick while he is in there. Every once and awhile we bounce...
I also have a BIG boy- he is 16 weeks old and weighs in at 22 pounds. He feels pretty proportional to me- he is 25 inches long. He has had thunder thighs since birth. I too am amazed that my A-size breast have grown such a healthy- glowing boy. We have gone through many carriers but have settled on two- new native- with him sitting in it "Buddha style" (he loves it) and the didymos. I recently walked for two hours around at a nighttime safari at the zoo with him...
Hi, please remove my name from the list of expecting mothers.: Thanks and best wishes to all
Freya EDD Feb. 14, 2008 with FIRST!! :
[QUOTE=kJad29;8352439]I'm feeling more and more O throbs as the day progresses Yes, I had the "forecasted O days" by FF that were more toward the 13, 14th day but felt those "o throbs" on the fifth and sixth days!? FF said I Od on the 7th or 8th (backed up with an OPK). So, those early days were the ONES! Wow, so nice to not even be trying because it honestly started to freak DH out- just the pressure of knowing there was a lady in waiting and he...