or Connect

Posts by mamadebug

We limited screen time (still do and my son is almost 8 y.o.) and were/are very careful about what he watched when he did have screen time.  So, I would say it may be the duration of what you watched and/or the content of what you watched.     My son was OK with shorter 1/2 hr "kid show" type things.  I let him watch one 1/2 hr. show a couple of times a week at 3 y.o.. But sitting through a full length movie would have been too much.  He started watching full length...
We did it and it worked great for us. And, my husband and I both said we would never send our kids to a religious school..... We ended up there because 2 of our close family friends (neither family religious) were sending their kids there and persauded me to take a look - and we ended up loving it. It worked because it was not at all overbearing. The religion (Lutheran) was brought into the classroom a little bit - they talked about the Christmas story at Christmas...
Congratulation! Enjoy your sweet baby boy!
My DS was diagnosed with anxiety at age 4.  He does not have ADHD, but does have sensory issues and some other OT issues.     He was already going to OT to deal with the sensory stuff, fine motor skills, etc.  For the anxiety, we took him to a child psychologist who did CBT with him, and it made all the difference.  His anxiety related behaviors were really ramping up to the point of him not wanting to participate in activities he had done since he was really little...
It sound like it will be really hard financially to send your DD to the private school.  Spreading the tuition over two years, so that you are paying half the normal amount this year, but one and a half the normal amount next year, sounds risky.  Especially if you have another child who would be at the school soon, too.  I don't know that I would take that on unless I realistically saw finances changing significantly in the short term.     All that said, I grew up...
I think her response was totally age appropriate - and mildly annoying or humorous, depending on your perspective.    Think of it from her perspective - she isn't even three yet, she was probably mad because the baby was getting the attention at the moment, you stopped her from pulling the wrap which was her way of letting you know she was mad (totally reasonable on your part to stop her, but nonetheless, she most likely felt thwarted), her screaming fit wasn't...
The laws governing who the responsible party is (landlord or tenant) vary by state. You can look them up. You may be within your rights as a tenant to go ahead and pay for the exterminator and then withhold that amount of money from your next months rent (and provide documentation for it). Again, you can google the laws for your state online. Not sure what your hesitation on calling an exterminator is - financial or not wanting poison around. If it is concern about...
I had mice for the first time ever this winter.  I freaked - they carry diseases and leave poop all over.  It's a real health concern.     We called an exterminator right away.  I was also concerned about poison because we have kids and pets, and, obviously, I didn't want them to come in contact with the poison.     The exterminator did 2 things -  1) went around the exterior perimeter of our house and sealed up any possible point of entry.  Like others have...
I have gate checked strollers many times and they have always arrived just fine.   We have flown Air France to Paris a few times, and if it is a bigger stroller, they put it below and DON"T give it back to you at the gate when you land.  You have to pick it up at the baggage claim.  I didn't know that, and had to lug a 2 year old and all of our checked baggage through the airport (including customs and immigrations, etc - so it was for a while).  If you bring a small...
I have heard that saying, too.   We explored all types of adoption - foster/adopt, international and private domestic.   The reasons we decided not to pursue foster/adopt (and we actually started the home study and classes to be certified) were primarily the unpredictability of the process.  The county we first lived in when we started thinking about adoption was notoriously difficult to work with.  Really, I never heard a "good" story about the process.  People who had...