or Connect

Posts by alaskaberry

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me out. This may get a little TMI, so be forewarned--don't read on if you're squeamish. I missed three periods (due to major stress, as far as I know--I took about 6 hpts and they were all negative; I also went to the dr and my IUD is still in/tested negative in Sept), August-October. Last week my period started, and it started out brown, then the next three days it was bright red and gushing/flooding (I have a Paragard, so I'm pretty...
DH works on the north slope, so while I am a SAHM it often feels like I'm a single mom as well. DS1 is in part-time K at the local public school and DS2 is just turned 3. After I get DS1 off to school, I do the usual...a little cleaning, then read books and knit. DS2 and I take the dog for a walk. I try to keep the TV turned off and let DS2 play on his own. I encourage a lot of independent, imaginative play :) Sometimes we'll just go outside and I'll keep an eye on DS2...
Long time since I've posted on this thread...Hi again from interior alaska, everyone!! Tucker is still nursing like crazy. DS1 nursed til he was 4, so obviously I'm not in any great rush to wean. I do want to night-wean, but I go to bed so late at night that it's just easier for me to nurse him when he wakes up and then go back downstairs to keep writing than it is to night-wean. However, when DH is home from the Slope, he's the one that complains about the nursing. I...
Hey everyone! Just checking in. We're doing well here in Alaska, slowing down a bit for winter. I bought some Waldorf books and read Simplicity Parenting, which prompted me to do a massive toy overhaul. It wasn't that painful, actually... most of our toys were broken and never got played with anyway. The only thing I didn't get rid of that I wanted to was all of Orion's Thomas the Train things--he *loves* Thomas, but talks about Thomas constantly, so much that it's like...
hey everyone! hope you all stayed safe during Irene. VT got hit pretty bad, esp the lower lying areas around where my family lives. It was pretty shocking to see all that devastation, even though I only saw it on FB. Other than that, looks like everyone had a great summer. I know we sure did :) max--I'm glad your DH's business seems to be working out. :) Also that you got loads of camping in. MamaB--That sounds like an awesome trip! (and sorry about your 7 yr...
Hi all! I'm glad I found the new thread!   Orion's birthday was this past Friday. We had a pirate party on Saturday, with a treasure hunt for the pinata. Instead of hitting it to open it, the kids pretended to be Krakens and squeezed it open (we had some trouble hanging it in my house and it was still too cold to do it outside!). It was pretty fun.   Orion's big thing right now is being bossy and ordering everyone around. If he doesn't get his way he will repeat...
Hi, I'm doing this too (sort of). In our situation, we have a half-finished house on the property, so he's going to go live in that while I continue to live in the other house. We're going to split the kids 50/50, so when he's home from the North Slope they'll live with him and then they'll live with me otherwise. We wrote a contract (still have to get it notarized) detailing what both parties will be responsible for and what happens if one wants to move out of...
Hey everyone!   First, I'd like to say that I'm glad we still update this thread. This is pretty much the only subscription I have that I actually keep up with  on MDC (although I'm doing the treasure map thingy this year, since I couldn't find anything similar on Ravelry, which I am absolutely *addicted* to :lol).   Biggest update is that I split up w/ Orion's dad. We'll be staying in the house, he'll be staying in the other house until it gets finished. We will...
Subbing. This seems like fun--I've never done a treasure map before, just a psychic goal bowl (sort of like a treasure map only it didn't have pics, it was just a pie chart and I repeated the wants/needs in my head every night after doing my psychic mindset countdown). I didn't really keep up on it though. *shrug* A lot of the time my main manifestation success is related to a book I want that's out of print and just "happens" to show up at the used bookstore. LOL. Yay,...
It's above 0 here...Finally!! It's been -40 for the past two weeks. It was -50 for a week while I was still in VT. Never more grateful for wind and wet snow dumping everywhere! It's snowed a bit here recently but not enough to really matter. I'm going to take the kids for a walk to the mailbox a little later today, it's brilliantly sunny out and they've been stuck in the house for soooo long! No one sick here (yet...only a matter of time imho). Orion is looking forward...