or Connect

Posts by lolo'smom

What saved me with all of those interesting veggies in my CSA was quiche. I never knew what to do with all of the greens but quiche is really tasty and easy to make. I usually cook down my greens when I get them all at once so that I don't have to keep doing it during the week. I cook them in a skillet with seasoning and sometimes a little onion or garlic, whatever I have on hand. At this point you can seperate them into portions and freeze them if you like so that...
Hi, I am not a breeder or anything like that, but I am a neighbor to a family who has three mastiffs and I have to say they are the nicest dogs. The mom in the family actulally has a daycare in her house and the dogs are super around the kids. She doesn't keep the dogs with the daycare kids, as in, they don't stay in the same room with them just because she keeps her daycare areas seperate but she has two boys of her own, ages 8 and 11 maybe, and they love the dogs. ...
we had a dog who was a doll until ds was born and slowly she really started resenting him and me, since she used to be my number one and then ds was born... i tried everything with her but she just was not happy. she snapped at ds once and i told dh and he had the same reaction, well he didn't laugh but he felt bad for the dog and didn't want to do anything. so long story short, i kept her in the crate pretty much all day because i couldn't trust her, which obviously...
yeah, if you choose to do the flea shampoo you can only do it once and then wait a while (I forget how long) before you do it again - it can be toxic for the doggie, nevermind the fact that it doesn't work! (we had fleas a couple of years ago and the vet rx stuff was the BEST!!)
Quote: Originally Posted by vbactivist It's my understanding that you can't increase the iron in your breastmilk. That your baby is born with sotres of iron (gotten through healthy amounts from mom during pregnancy) and than afterwards only absorbs a small amount through breastmilk, no matter what the moms diet is. Does anyone have info on this? dd had a "low" iron level at 1 year (which ended up being 0.4 too low, so hardly low at all - I...
Hi, wow 2008-2009 is almost over, I guess I just found this thread so I thought, better late than never! We live in Easton on the Shore and just started homeschooling this winter. We really only school our oldest child but dd tags along to the friday meetings at the co-op, too. I say school loosely since ds is only 3 and I'm really not stressed to school him yet at all, just something to do and get an idea of what homeshooling would be like at a later age. # of...
awsome, that's just what i was hoping for! thanks!
The fold-over elastic on my ds's nap-ez's is being ruined (at least asthetically) by dd's dipes. I love aplix on her covers and i'm not about to change her whole stash just to keep the trainers from getting ruined... I do use the laundry tabs but we all know that works only so much. I can either wash them seperately, which sounds awful (digging through the diaper bag and sorting out dirty dipes), or I was thinking of getting a mesh laundry bag and throwing the...
My faves are bsww and thirsties, no questions asked! They are more expensive than the litewraps and prowraps but they work great and have good resale value too if you're going to sell them when you're done. The bsww don't have gussets but were virtually all that i used with my small bottomed ds, my dd however needs the gussets on the thirsties, her heiny is huge! Gussets are good for pf's too since they allow for a lot of diaper underneath. good luck! ps you can get...
hi all! my email alert thing must be turned off because i've missed so many posts!! gotta get back on track here! we, too, were enjoying the warm weather but that's over now... i recently re-arranged the living room furniture, can we say cabin fever???? just signed up for another year at provident CSA and i was almost believing that springtime was here, darn! anyway, things are moving along over here, molly is almost 11mos, whew, and logan had his third b-day and...