or Connect

Posts by gargirl

Lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Not having meat or dairy in our diets chops off a whole bunch of spending so I can actually afford to get the fruits and veggies that keep us healthy. I don't get a lot of prepackaged food either.
Weird. I grew up using cloth napkins. Paper ones were only for birthday parties, you know, like the ones with bright balloons or something on them? That was the only time we had any paper plates too. I have always used cloth napkins and don't keep paper in the house. If folks have a problem with it they haven't said anything. ^_^
Our situation recently changed for the better. For the first time in my adult life I can shop for clothes for myself not at tag sales and thrift shops. Mostly, it was totally okay getting secondhand stuff. I am an excellent shopper and always found nice things in my size. My wardrobe was based around clothes my fashionable Sis got tired of and I filled in around the edges. Well, a few years ago my Sis moved away, first across the country and now around the world. ...
I cook mostly from scratch, but do buy some premade veggie burgers/dogs etc. I make my own lentil burgers sometimes but my husband likes the Morning Star Farms ones better than mine. (I'm weird, I make them with peanut butter; yum!) Mostly we eat lots of potatoes, green salads, veggie casseroles, beans, homemade breads etc. I like to do my own baking as finding premade vegan baked goods is pretty tough. I make a mean chocolate cake with peanut butter icing! I focus on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mom4tot Perhaps she was upset because she would like to hear (read) something positive about the trip. She may really miss her son (and you!) and the girls. Just another perspective. Yeah, I was thinking this too. Your post is not offensive but I can see how your MIL could take it the wrong way. I mean, you don't go out there much and then when you do the post about is "from Hell." I totally get what you were...
I haven't been able to make a new friend in years. Its depressing. I think it is hard to make friends as a SAHM because I never had this kind of trouble before.
Oh man, it is so not gross! I don't have a long list of ex-lovers, but I was with one intact male and it was different but in a good way. Nothing gross about it at all. We are not used to seeing intact penises so they do seem a bit odd at first but you get used to it and then they look just fine. My younger two sons are intact, as I didn't know any better with my first, and the number of baby boys being left uncut is something around 50% these days, so future...
My youngest would NOT take even the yummiest medicine no matter what. What I did was to put one dose in each cup of an ice cube tray and mix in as much juice as possible. I put tinfoil over the top and poked toothpicks in. They were a special treat that his brothers weren't allowed to have. (heh) I am sure they didn't taste very good at all, but the popsicle format got the job done. You might want to make one and see if it works first. Good Luck!
I would not loan her money, well, not more than some small portion of whatever I had in savings, like if I had several thousand, I might loan her $1000. (for example) The chances of getting money back from family you loaned it to is always slim. (in my experience) The money you have is yours and you are not obligated to bail your SIL out of a mess of her own making. It is nice to help when you can, but I don't think you should ever feel you have to do so at the...
Hey..... I have been getting those emails too. It must be some kind of conspiracy!