or Connect

Posts by strmis

I posted this in LWAB but realized it may be more of a breastfeeding issue. My instincts also tell me to hold off. It's hard to introduce foods because I always want to get her at a baseline with her itching and redness so that I can see a reaction if it happens. She has very little interest in food, even if it is on my plate, and if she did I'd wanna be careful what she would be grabbing. Maybe I'll have a meal of safe foods she can try grabbing at if she wants. Anyways,...
Thank you soooooo much for the info and stories about you LOs. Makes me feel better about my situation. My instincts also tell me to hold off. It's hard to introduce foods because I always want to get her at a baseline with her itching and redness so that I can see a reaction if it happens. She has very little interest in food, even if it is on my plate, and if she did I'd wanna be careful what she would be grabbing. That being said, after skycheattraffics suggestion,...
I should mention we are being cautious with introducing foods as she has allergies we are still discovering. We know she is safe with sweet potato, carrots, pears, spirulina but rarely does she eat because she just doesn't want it. I really wanted to introduce foods that are more nutrient dense, rather than wheats and grains, so I haven't done any of those. She hasn't been to her dr since her six month visit, but I'm thinking at her twelve month well baby the doc is...
I missed this part in the directions and stuck my chopped up cabbage in a stainless steel pot while salting for about half hour to let the water come out. then i transferred it to a glass jar. does the pot lessen its fermentation or bacteria??
I've been hAving some discomfort on my right Side under my ribs, now it's on my left. The pain (a 1-2 on a pain scale of 0-10) on the right, I noticed would come after fatty meals. It would soon go away though. Now I have a pain on my left, and it's kinda been there for a few hours now. No pain on the right tho. Tonight i took digestive enzymes before dinner and I ate puréed carrots, fish and sweet bell peppers to take some of the load of my pancreas. I've been eating...
Thanks. You mean for myself or both of us? I don't think she could chew fermented stuff. And is she is dairy sensittive would that mean that things like kefir and yogurt are out?
Ive been off lots of foods for Dds eczema because she reacted to certain things through breastmilk. Here are a list of foods I ve been off of: Dairy Soy (sort of. I've been exposed to soybean oil and she seems ok) Gluten Oats Corn (sort of) -she seems ok if there is a corn derived ingredient in something (maltodextrin.. Etc) but if I have tortilla chips (corn, sunflower oil, and she seems ok with sunflower seeds) she seems to react Oranges Tomatoes (too much or raw...
Her first trip to Disneyland and walked her in this sling the WHOLE DAY!!!   Yes, she is my Sunshine 
Well, according to dh, he put her down for a second. When he went to pick her upthe dog was. Right in front of her and then he picked her up and she got super itchy. She's been around that dog quite a bit, but perhaps he's never licked her face? Its all a guess, but I think the most likely explanation. Thanks for the advice! I hope this all passes really soon!
Thanks for the ideas. I've incorporated some into our routine, and even picked up the dermasilk mask for her itchy face and, although the mask has helped with the eczema a bit, she still wakes up to nurse. I don't leave the house once she sleeps, even if my mom AND dh can watch her because I'm the only one that can get her back down by nursing. Cluster feeding didn't seem to help much either. We arr very slowly introducing solids. Not sure yet if it will help.