or Connect

Posts by strmis

I read conflicting stuff online about babies and seasonal allergies, and yes, I became lax the last couple weeks (reintroduced dairy for the first time since November last year), rice after being grain free for a month, and then yesterday ate Korean BBQ... Meaning soy, gluten (soy sauce has gluten, right?) amongst Lord knows what else:(. I did scd for about two weeks, then went on vacation and from that point my diet hasn't been the same. I'm ready to re eliminate again,...
I've read babies do not get seasonal allergies due to inadequate exposure to the environment... However, how true is this theory? Dd has moderate eczema and lately has had a runny nose, sneezing and congestion, no temperature, but she sure isnt her same happy self. Could a baby have seasonal allergies due to the unusually high amount of pollen in the air? Or could this be an intolerance to my milk (I have recently been. Very lax, regrettably, with my diet)?
OP, I am right there with you on eczema. Dd is now 8 Mos and still has it. I thought it was getting better so I stopped putting florasone cream on her and sure enough, it came back.,.. OR input it on her and it hen it started popping up elsewhere in ger body. Now she has red bumps everywhere that she didn't have before... I got frustrated and let my diet go for a couple days and now she seems like she has a runny nose, congestion, bumps everywhere, and her overall mood is...
Ok, its been about 2.5, possibly 3 weeks later and the gas is (sorry, TMI...) SOO smelly.  For a while I was a little constipated, and more recently bowel movements have been looseIs it to be expected (and horribly smelly as well)?  I've cut back on the probiotics, since.  Still take digestive enzymes before each large meal.  What if I take the digestive enzymes in the morning, on an empty stomach?? Would it help digest and get rid of old stuff hanging out in my...
So... DD is nearly 7 mos old.  She's got really itchy eczema on her face, so we swaddle her at night in a woombie to keep her from scratching herself raw. Now she can easily roll over in her sleep while wearing the woombie, so i can't imagine this would be an option anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we can keep her from scratching her face/head at night? I know we can use mittens, but the problem is, once she starts, she can't stop and I can't imagine how...
Yes, I understand about being patient... I keep telling my husband I'm lacking I that dept .I'm just worried about potentially introducing more allergies because I'm doin TED and am literally down to 6 foods, so I was hoping to see results sooner than a week since I have been fairly restrictive prior to this anyways. Anyone know anything about that?That's why I'm really considering gaps or scd or similar seems much healthier and at least even if she regresses I know I'm...
Well, without going through this again, dd is EBF and 6.5 mos old with eczema and no end in sight. On dr sears TED for six days. She's not really getting worse, but is still itchy and rashly on her cheeks,, so now what? I wanted to reintroduce stuff when she hit baseline, but I don't even know what that would mean, how do I know when she gets there or when to abandon this? I know people have advised that I work on my gut. Here are my questions on this: Does someone not...
If it can be harmful in the long run. Sometimes I feel like I'm slathering the stuff on her several times a day. I just couldn't seem to find much info on the ingredients online.
How did you trigger more? I've been on total elimination for five days now. She seems to be in a better mood but still itchy.How would I know if I had leaky gut? I looked online and don't see any particular symptoms I myself associat with (tho I have been super gassy since starting probiotics and digestive enzymes two weeks ago. Is that normal?)I guess if the TED shows no significant improvement than GAP is my next step. I just don't know if it would be safe to include...
Her scratch test was positive for peanuts, walnuts, shellfish, strawberries, chocolate, eggs. Her acupuncturist told me to stay away from dairy, gluten and soy anyways because they can still show up in other types of allergies not tested for.I recently switched to nellies laundry soda and I'm hoping it helps. How long before I would know. I imagine until everything has been washed a few times in it???