or Connect

Posts by coloradomama1

Hi all, This concerns Koji-blue heeler diagnosed with diabetes, now blind but coping very well and still an important part of our family.  He is on 15 units of insulin 2x/day and we are currently using Royal Canin food. Just wondering if anyone has used something other than the prescribed diabetic food for their dog?  I would rather use something more natural (and less expensive!) if possible but don't want to compromise his health.  TIA!!! Amy
My DD's are 3 (almost 4) and 6.  I'm hoping that the 3 year old will have little to no recollection of any of this.  What I am sad about is that we've spent most of her life thus far in conflict.  The 6 year old will no doubt be devastated but I will just love her and support in every way humanly possible. 
Can't thank you all enough, your replies have helped immensely.  This has been a HUGE weight on my shoulders for years, we have been living a lie and the time is long overdue.  This will be the most difficult thing I've ever had to do.  But, I do have hope that we can move on to a better place as a family, we have spent too many years in conflict.  
We are having this talk over the weekend and I'm not looking forward to it.  However, I want to keep it as positive as possible and my hopes are that we can come out of this conversation closer as a family.   We are separating physically for 6 months...DH is moving into an apartment close by next week.  We have been separated and living together for over 2 years so this has been a long time coming and those years have been thick with tension.     Would you do...
We came home with tons of lovely organic raspberries and peaches from the UPick today and I'm making jam or preserves tonight.  I am looking for a reliable recipe-preferably no pectin and low sugar.  Please share if you have one or can help me modify an existing recipe.  I have the Ball book but am a beginner so don't really trust my modifications.  Should I even worry about the pectin?  Seems artificial so I want to avoid it but when I made strawberry/rhubarb without it...
Looking to harvest some for a batch of salve...
Yayyyy!  Finally, after many requests, Sunflower Farm is kicking off a home-school program. Starts January, 2012.  Limited enrollment.   WHAT: Agricultural-based, enrichment program designed for HOMESCHOOL kids WHEN: Choose the Monday OR Thursday...
Yayyyy!  Finally, after many requests, Sunflower Farm is kicking off a home-school program. Starts January, 2012.  Limited enrollment.   WHAT: Agricultural-based, enrichment program designed for HOMESCHOOL kids WHEN: Choose the Monday OR Thursday...
I'll make this short and sweet.  I need tools, badly. And I want them to be as gentle as possible as we are going through an extremely hard time in our family life right now.  DH and I have been separated and living together since March but the upheaval dates way back, most specifically to about 1 1/2 years ago.  I know this is a long time for our DD's ( 5 and 2) to be living in uncertain circumstances and I'm really starting to see some effect on DD1.  Lots of...
I talked to the school about whether it's my decision or theirs to let her "repeat" K and they gave me the impression that they frown upon it.  Ideally, I would send her 1/2 day this year, full day K when she's 6, grade 1 at 7 yo.