or Connect

Posts by momofsage

This is the greatest thread. I do like Goodnight Moon, though I must say that I think Margaret Wise Brown was seriously on drugs. One children's story that I hate is Chicken Little. For years I remembered having been read it as a child, but I could never remember the ending. Now that I'm a mom, I had occasion to read the entire thing, and now I know why I don't remember what happened to Henny Penny and Turkey Lurkey and all the rest: they were EATEN! I must...
We did indeed put our mattress on the floor. Other than storing the box springs and frame, it was absolutely no big deal, and we rested much easier knowing that if dd did fall out, it would be only 12 inches to fall. However, she never did fall. When it was only me in the bed with her, I'd put pillows along the other edge. That worked not only physically as a barricade (and if she'd fallen, she'd have fallen on one of them), but psychologically. When she started...
Quote: Originally Posted by sienna i love that she is a ''nursling" and i am "lactating". It is kind of like being pregnant in that it is a special status that kind of sets us apart from the rest of the (non nursing) world. S What a good point--I'd never thought of it that way! I remember so fondly the way my dd as a baby would close her eyes halfway and move them back and forth in this unfocused way--just totally engrossed in nursing. ...
There's also a book called "Airport" that you can read together that prepares kids for what will happen (including the WAITING). We read this book before taking our toddler on a plane for the first time and it worked great. Good luck! Jen