or Connect

Posts by momofsage

Nothing to add to these already helpful replies, just want to say I'm so very sorry for you--what a difficult ordeal. I am also SO glad that YOU did not get it! It doesn't sound like you are nursing but of course if that were the case that would also be something to offer any of them who was still interested. It sounds like you are on the mend. Good luck and take care.
leave-in conditioner, and braid it before bed. works for us! we did finally trim my dd's long, fine hair a few months ago (she's 4.5 and that was her first ever haircut). I was really attached to her baby curls but it was SO much easier once we trimmed it--amazingly so. good luck.
Wow, no accidents! Thanks both of you for these encouraging replies. We've made it into undies over the last two days, but with accidents instead of using the potty. . . . We'll see what tomorrow holds. I hesitate to back off at this point since I don't want her to think I don't know she can do it. But I'll follow her lead and see. We did have a panty party with all of her stuffed animals and that seemed to help get things started.
I agree with the pp. My daughter does the SAME THING, and it is SO embarrassing. Once we were in a bookstore and there was a dwarf there with his daughter in the children's area. She saw them and her face lit up and she said, "Why is he so little?" I could see it coming, too, but there was nothing I could do to prevent it. I about died right there. I said to him, "sorry, she's three. . . ." and then I said to her, "yes, sweetie. Some people are big and some people...
I need advice and encouragement! My dd is 4.5 and is still not interested in potty learning. We have tried introducing it since she was about 2--bought a potty, took her out shopping to pick out her own undies, brought home potty-themed books, let her pick out some stickers that she could use to keep track of her progress. We've tried several times, to no avail. She's been at home until this year; I'd hoped at preschool (very small school, 3 mornings/week) she'd...
Does he sleep with socks on or footed pjs? My dd had night terrors when she was about 1.5 or 2. I read somewhere that they can be triggered by overheating. She'd been wearing pjs with feet. We started putting her to sleep with her feet uncovered (no socks or feet in the pjs--not necessarily not under the covers per se) and she never had another one. Could be a coincidence, but perhaps it was not. I wish you luck--you've gotten some helpful replies. Take care, Jen
These are helpful suggestions--thank you! And please keep 'em coming. I think our biggest obstacle right now is that she's still pretty contrary. It would *never* work if I said, "Do you want to say thank you?" That's like asking for a "no." Rico'sAlice, I guess that's why I don't think our approach is the cause of her contrariness. She's already contrary, about everything. So on the one hand, if I say anything about it (even if only in the positive sense,...
My dd is 3.5+ (she'll be 4 in May). She isn't really into good manners yet, and I'm feeling she should be. We certainly model them at home, but we have probably been remiss in not really being self-conscious about it. She's an only child and doesn't yet go to preschool. I really want to teach her to say "please" and "thank you" but a) I don't want to shame her ("What do you say?") b) I've tried some children's books on manners but they all are either a bit too...
Quote: Originally Posted by LynnS6 I don't view it as lying. I view it as pretending. There's a difference, and my kids can tell the difference. I don't mean to sound snarky--I am genuinely asking because I am unclear on the question--but if the parent is pretending but the kid doesn't explicitly know this, how is that not lying? I'm with the camp that can't bring myself to lie about it, despite my having nothing but positive Santa...
Hi folks, First, thanks, Julie, for your suggestion. It was great. I wanted to post a follow-up report in case this question was relevant to anyone out there who travels. I got lucky and spent my 10-hour day of waiting in Heathrow's newest Terminal 5, which is very cool, by the way. I asked one of the helpful airport people (who are just standing around waiting for questions to be asked of them--wow) if she could direct me to a lounge or something for pumping. She...