or Connect

Posts by momofsage

Hi folks, Does anyone know of a good place to pump at Heathrow's British Airways terminal? I'll be there all day and would prefer not to use the restroom. I do have batteries, though. Thanks, Jen
Hi folks, Does anyone know of a good place to pump at Heathrow's British Airways terminal? I'll be there all day and would prefer not to use the restroom. I do have batteries, though. Thanks, Jen
My situation is very similar to yours, except that I am fortunate to have a supportive partner who is a SAHD. Like others, I do try to keep the two worlds separate; I find that I can't be really present for my dd if I feel pressure to work from home, and frankly I never can manage to get anything done anyway. But I've also decided to embrace mediocrity as much as possible in my work outside the home. I say this only partly in jest! As you say, she's only going to...
This is all so helpful. Thanks, folks! A friend of mine's 3 y.o. dd had to have blood drawn (or maybe it was a shot--can't remember), but my friend said to her that if it hurt she could yell "OW!" as loudly as she wanted to, and she did. She didn't even cry. (This probably wouldn't work with my dd, but I thought I'd share it.)
Oh, wow, everyone, thank you SO much. I appreciate the reassurance as much as I appreciate the practical advice. Part of me says, she'll be fine; the other part of me gets maudlin and choked up at the very thought of going. (Kijip, I didn't mean to be cryptic, but I admit I feel SO ambivalent about where I'm going. My mother is taking me with her on a cruise to the Baltic. I hate cruises for all kinds of ideological and practical reasons (not that they don't have a...
(This is cross-posted in The Childhood Years) I am going to be out of the country for two weeks at the end of July (leaving July 14). My dd just turned 3 in May. She will remain at home with her dad while I'm gone; I work full-time and he is a stay-at-home dad. She is bonded strongly with both of us, co-sleeps (mostly with me but we're working him back into the bed), still nurses to sleep, at night, and to wake up. (She does go to sleep without nursing when he or the...
Thanks, Jesse--sounds like you weathered your experience well. Unfortunately, I won't have access to the technology of webcams and all that. Wish I would. I appreciate the suggestion to post in working mamas--I'll do that. Jen
That's a great suggestion, Cheshire. Thanks! One of my biggest concerns is how (and how far ahead of time) to prepare her for my going away. Does anyone have any experience with this that they might share?
Okay, showing my ignorance here, but what's a butterfly needle exactly? Where does it go and how is it different from a regular one?
Question for you, Spruce (and for others)--my ped said she thought that drawing blood from the arm was actually *less* traumatic than from the finger (if you need more than one little bit) because it didn't hurt as much and it didn't take as long to squeeze all that blood out. Do folks agree with this? Good luck, mami2f3!