or Connect

Posts by momofsage

"monkey mommy." (It's a long story!) Jen
Hi folks, I'm Jen. My dd is 2.5--no longer a "babe," but I figured I would still fit into the category of this thread. Sage was born when I was 38. My two big issues related to being older have been a) I REALLY had a hard time with the sleep deprivation! No stamina! I was awake for two nights in a row during labor, and I hadn't done that since I was in college. I think I've only recently recovered! b) I am so extra maudlin and sentimental about...
Every once in a while, when my 30m dd has a poopy diaper, she resists having it changed (I'm talking in this post not about general resistance to having diapers changed, which she also occasionally evidences, but specifically about poop-related issues--never thought I'd say that phrase! Unless it is all related?). And sometimes, when she is willing for it to be changed, once it is off, she becomes upset and wants the poop back. It's this last kind of poop possessiveness...
My dd (29 mos) has been saying it for a month or so. But the best was on my 40th birthday last month, I awoke next to her and she said, "I love you, sweetie" (as I often say to her), and then she said, "Give you a kiss" (i.e., give me a kiss--she thinks she's always called "you"), and she put her face right up to mine so I could give her a big smacker on the lips. How could any birthday present ever top that?
Wow, momuveight2b--that's probably the best reason ever to clw! Thanks for sharing your story. Just bumping this thread--and clarifying the title so that the topic is clearer! Thanks, Jen
Hi Heather, Yep, it's me--on the ole nursing jag once again! Thank you so much for these wonderful points. They are incredibly helpful to hear. And I just love that Maya is so articulate about her needs with you. What a special gal she is. THANKS to the both of you for the wisdom! Jen
I thoroughly enjoyed the "Benefits of CLW" thread and found it so inspiring. But my question is less about the benefits of *extended breastfeeding* and more about the benefits of *letting the child determine the course that weaning takes.* I am committed to doing this and have, in fact, never refused a request to nurse; sometimes I offer it, too. But my dd (28m) is going through a phase just now of needing to nurse A LOT whenever I am home, and for a long time. She...
Oh boy, do I hear you! My dd (28m) is going through a similar phase--a long phase that is showing no signs of abating. She nearly always refuses to wear any pants whatsoever, unless we can think of a gimmick. So, for example, she'll wear the white pants with black dalmatian spots if convinced that it will make her "look like a doggie." She went through a phase of obsession with monkeys right at the hottest part of the summer, refusing to take off her fleece monkey...
These are all great suggestions. I flew with my dd when she was about 18m, with her on my lap, and it went GREAT. I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a question that may be relevant. What do you do if you're traveling with a child over 2? (Specifically, my dd is 27m.) Are they required to stay in their carseat while the seatbelt sign is on, as adults are? (We were, of course, required to buy a seat for her.) And if so, did anyone deal with a child who...
I keep a journal, addressed directly to my dd. I don't write in it every day--just every so often when there is something I really want to capture and remember. I wish my mom had done that for me when I was a child. (My dh also keeps one.) I put my birth story in there, too. We also do a blog with pix for our far-flung family. So, many of the day-to-day cute things and milestones are recorded there. And, yes, I have a cardboard box full of memorabilia that I...