or Connect

Posts by mommy at last

I have wanted to go to some of the peace rallies with my 5 1/2 month old :bf close to me in the sling of course. But my husband thought it was not a good idea, in case the police or other demonstrators got out of hand. Last night on TV they were showing the San Francisco peace marches and the police were pulling a little girl off her father's shoulders and dragging them both away. Now my husband really doesn't want us to march. I was thinking today that it would be...
I am in the market and need to buy within the week. Wonder if anyone has just gone through this. I hesitate to buy this type of item from ebay, tho I usually do with other things. Any ideas appreciated. sarasara a mommy at last to a happy and healthy little big guy (20 lbs at 4 1/2 months)
I need to buy an electric breast pump in the next week. I'm going back to work part time then and funds are low. Anyone discovered a cheap source for the pump in style? I hesitate to buy it on ebay because I worry about a malfunction. I am only open to a new one. a mommy at last to a 5 month old
I am a new mother of a 4 1/2 month old. Ever since I was pregnant, I developed a band of dry skin on my neck. Lotion does no good and now it's starting to get itchy at times (perhaps because I've tried to put a number of different lotions on it this week). : I'm wondering, is this a hormone thing? a pregnancy thing? a breast feeding thing? an I'm getting old thing? or just some weird dermatitis. any thoughts would be great. So hard to get to the...
I am a big ingredient-reader, since DH and I decided to cut out certain items from our diet (soy, high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, etc) when we were trying to get pregnant. I have to admit that I don't usually read the labels for organic milk tho. Yesterday while at Whole Foods I did read the ingredients and I found that one of the reduced fat organic milks was made with a combination of organic and non-organic milk. Just thought I'd make others aware of...
from what I can tell, 3 1/2 months into AP, research based parenting, it involves a constant attack from other people -- either direct or passive. From the HMO doctor making me feel like I"m screwing it up for everyone and jeopardizing my child's health by not vaccing, to my mother's telling me the story of why she weaned me for the umpteenth time (her passive agressive way of letting me know she thinks it's wrong that I plan on breastfeeding as long as possible. She...
My 3 1/2 month old sometimes burps himself. He's a big spitter upper in general. At night, being the big eater that he is, he wakes up every 2 to 6 hours to feed -- depending on the night. I'm often torn as to whether to pick him up and burp him once he's off the nipple before going back to bed. I've always done it, because it seems like he's gassy if I don't. But perhaps this isn't even the case any longer. Often it wakes him up more than if I'd just let him lay. I...
Here's my favorite: 1 banana 2 cups milk 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder (available at Whole Foods) drop of vanilla cinammon yum. think I'll make one tonight! mommy at last