or Connect

Posts by ladonnaken

You know, there are moms with philosophical reasons not to use bottles...boy, I'm glad I haven't been called postpartum.
Yep, my middle child is hypotonic; he was discharged once he began walking (at 16 months old). But by age 3, I began wondering about his speech delay... He's in ST and OT now....his dev. stage needing OT help is pencil grip (he's scoring 20 months delayed). His occupational therapist told me that he may struggle all his life...that the weakness never disappears, but lots of deliberate exercise (or therapies) will make it much better as he grows.
My five year old is gifted, but also has Asperger's Syndrome. Well, my sister now has an infant son now who seems busier than usual for a child his age. Comparing him and my oldest son is difficult, because I don't know how much of his challenging infancy was due to autism, and how much was due to giftedness. Her son seems 100% neurotypical, but we're just doing some day dreaming.....wondering if he may be gifted, also. He *is* completing all his milestones early, but...
My advice would be to find a doula, or preferebly a midwife, to have with you during labor...someone completely supportive of VBAC. I had two cesareans after a combined 7 total hours of pushing. IN other words, I had a cesarean the first time because I couldn't get my baby out; so, for my VBAC attempt, I did Bradley classes and hired a good midwife to assist me. I now know that I do have a narrow pelvis...a VERY rare occurance, but it does happen. But I do NOT...
Background: My five year old has Asperger's Syndrome. When he was 2 months old, he received the recommended vaccines, and had a reaction. It happened about four hours after the shots--he went into a sharp crying spell that lasted a couple of hours. I seem to remember reading that some people call that a brain-swelling cry, but I just don't remember. Long story short--I no longer vaccinate him, and my other children do not get vaccinated. Because of his ASD, my...
I wish I had those comebacks regarding "human pacifier" comments. Now, though, I'm wondering why I didn't think to say, "You know, which came first, the pacificier or the boob?" LOL!
Thank you, you guys
I apologize in advance if this post doesn't make much sense, but I'll give it a try. I really, really LOVE being a cosleeping/breastfeeding mama, and I have no idea what life would be like if my children were sleeping in another room when they are tiny. I spend many nights waking to peacefully sleeping babies and I can't explain the bliss I feel knowing they're safe and sound, and feeling warm and loved. But, like any other human mom, I have also had nights when I...
I selected other because I have no adopted children yet, but I have two friends who have done so, and their children are so very loved and happy--I would definitely do so if the opportunity presented itself!
Wow. What a situation! I am not Catholic, either, but I am Christian--in my church we don't baptize babies--it is our belief that a choice of faith cannot be made for someone else. However, like a previous poster, we do baby dedications. The dedication ceremony is a ceremony for the parents to publicly vow to teach their children about God's truths. So my initial reaction to this thread was, of course, that you shouldn't do it if your heart is not in it. While I...