or Connect

Posts by ladonnaken

A local pregnancy center recommends these: http://www.adiri.com/ Has anyone here ever used them?
Quote: Originally Posted by teale LOVE this! I will use it! : Me, too; I love it! It really does show our society's ignorance regarding breastfeeding Comfort nursing will not create emotional dependency, neither will it cause eating issues. (Now, using food to comfort is different from breastfeeding as a form of comfort.) I know my experience is purely anecdotal, of course, but both of my boys are emotionally sound, healthy children;...
yeah, why is it that so many people think just because they've raised their own children that somehow that makes them experts on YOUR child? LOL!
Oldest DS had first solids at 7.5 mnths; youngest had first solids at 9 mnths; neither ate more that one solid/day until after a year old. (They are five and almost three now) But, yes, until one year old, mommy milk is not only sufficient as main source of nutrition, but really needs to be bulk of intake for maximum vitamin/mineral/protien/healthy fat, etc etc etc....
My oldest son has Asperger's Syndrome/HFA and was/is very sensory sensitive. My first jealous emotion involving him was jealously towards my breast, if that gives you any insight on his boob obsession He weaned "on his own" at 19.5 months (I was almost half-way through my second pregnancy, so I hesitate to call it CLW since I'm guessing the preggie hormones helped push him in that direction). My youngest son will be three next week and still loves to nurse (though I...
I would tend to agree. My boys are five and almost-three and both cosleep with me most nights, as my husband is often out of town, too; so I can relate on those levels. Though my boys and I are all clothed during the night, I cannot see my five year old relating me to anything inappropriate--I don't think he'd begin to have a clue about that. And, yes, I agree that you seem to have handled it well. My oldest does "body explore" like any other little boy, and I...
I just wanted to add my 2 cents: I have been diagnosed with OCD, as has my son, who has Asperger's Syndrome. I suppose he was diagnosed a bit early; but his OCD symptoms were pretty extreme when he was three years old. Some things have lightened up a LOT, but others have begun (like a fear of germs). Anyway, I wonder if his diagnosis will change over time; I personally can't tell the difference between his ASD and his OCD in most scenerios (like when he lines up toys or...
You know, what annoys me the most is how people who don't know anything about AP parenting tend to treat it like it's some kind of "internet thing" -- as if we aren't living in the real world. I happen to have studied child development in college, and everything I learned was AP--I just didn't know that label at the time. Redirection is a perfectly acceptable form of discipline for an 11 month old, or even for a toddler. She's right, babies don't have the cognitive...
Wow! As a former teacher; that is crossing the line! Teachers aren't supposed to even suggest a possible diagnosis (for liability purposes); but to simply mention the concerning behaviors and refer the parent to a professional.
Adorable! My oldest son (4.5) reads to his baby brother, too (2.5), and it is so sweet to watch!