or Connect

Posts by ladonnaken

All this really helps. I think I've somehow gotten caught up in all the mainstream parenting that goes on in the groups around me, and I forget what I am trying to do--to gently guide him into growing--I'm growing a future adult, not "raising a kid," right? I love you guys--I really love this board--your advice really helps, and Sam and I had such a peaceful night tonight due to my attitude. I just hope I can keep it up tomorrow. : And I really enjoyed the comment...
I would definitely have the codes copied and highlighted, and I sure hope they make a change--their financial challenges need to be addressed, but not by limiting/changes services, which is against the law! :
Oh, thank you so much, you guys! Your reponses made me realize that I was getting caught up in my own emotions and frustrations. Okay, whew, I'm going to take the advice and get back to the non-emotional way of molding his behavior without getting into power struggles and emotional tug-of-wars with him. I *knew* better than that when I was teaching--its amazing how I can get so emotionally involved with my own child that I forget how to apply the philosophies that I...
I'm sorry to unload on you guys, but I need some serious advice! I am having a very difficult day with my 3 year old son, Samuel, who has Asperger Syndrome. [The difficult day was Friday--if it tells you anything, I've been writing this message all weekend] He had such a wonderful day Wednesday and I was so proud of him and praised him for all the wonderful things he did. Then yesterday he had some difficult moments--I helped him gain control--and praised him for his...
Perhaps I'm overly sensitive about this, but I hated how people would make excuses for my oldest DS when he was a baby (oh, he's *just* a different temperment), etc... but yet these same people praise my youngest DS for being "such a good baby." The reason it gets under my skin is because I don't want to send DSs the message that one personality trait is better than another--they're both beautiful, amazing children--and while one definitely makes for more work for the...
Yep, mine loves to eat beans and peas. Also, I found some "millet puffs" and spelt flakes at my local grocery store--they're not processed at all (other than being heated to make them puff up). He loves those!
Caffeine? Is she getting her hindmilk? Those are really the only two things that I could think of that may be *contributing* -- though her situation sounds more complicated that those two ideas. I would definitely not go to formula, though, as I'm sure you agree--that would add a pile of ingredients to her and probably make her feel worse! I hope it resolves very soon!
I had postpartum depression, and a lot of what you are describing is similar to me back then. I feel better now, but back then, I felt just like you--a failure as a mom--I did NOT enjoy playing with my baby--I did not enjoy household chores--and I wondered why. I really think you're depressed--the anger and yelling at home is because you're more relaxed there, and able to take off the outside-world mask. Just my guess, though--I'm no expert. :-) Anyway, yes, I'd...
I'm so sorry for your loss, mama!
Add me to the list of DTaP screams with my oldest DS. Possibly not related, but he has been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome. DS #2 will never recieve another vax! (He got the 2-month ones and then I got myself educated )