or Connect

Posts by manitobamama

My thoughts and energy are with you mamas yet to hold your sweet babes! I sure hope it's not too hot where you are! Here it is pretty much unbearable.... ok the wind picked up an hour ago and a storm's a comin Auntie Em! But the heat is only suppose to break for a day maybe two then we are back to the intolerable HEAT! Last night I just laid in bed and cried while I was nursing Emerson because I could feel the sweat running off me! So I this morning I was sending you...
We hadn't really committed to a name other than a boy's name that I wasn't too fond off. Since this is our 5th girl dh was really thinking it was a boy. So he said I could pick the girls name if he could have his boys name. I was a bit worried and hesitant to make that deal. At first when she was born we didn't talk about her name we were to happy just to adore her. But the minute dh said it's another girl I just knew her name would be Emerson. Ironically I liked Emerson...
Ummmmm.... I was in denial that I was actually in labor because she was 8 days early. I had a mama's blessing to go to the night before she was born and I so wanted to go. I was pretty cranky and grouchy. I went grocery shopping with my oldest dd and she kept saying "mom you are being impatient and b*tchy to people!" I was trying to clean my room all day but kept having to stop cuz I was having bh and I was really really tired all afternoon so I napped off and on through...
Wow I missed all the drama?
Just looked up Allens and I'll have to call them to see about shipping to Canada. I guess I should have specified that I'm in Canada, in a small city in the middle of the prairies so it can be hard to find special things here. I know our health food store has something but I can't remember what since it was very expensive. I"ll have to do some researching on what is the best deal. Maybe I'll try a name brand detergent like Tide or Cheer for now since our regular detergent...
Italy, I have been thinking about you the last few days. Can't pm you so I thought I'd try and send you a message through here. I hope everything is going well for you, have you had your sweet babe yet? pm me if you are needing any support I'd love to hear from you!
Continued on from Stinky diapers thread.... So what have you found that works best? As you can tell I'm a newbie only 2 and half weeks at this cd thing! Planning to start EC soon, still watching her and getting to know her and her signals!
Me too! Baby Emerson is 2 weeks and 4 days old now and I noticed my dipes are starting to really smell! I have been using a dry pail and just washing them with our normal detergent. I have been drying them in the dryer but plan to hang them outside on the line when the weather is bearable again! I was thinking of putting some vinegar in the next load. I am really new at this cd thing and borrowed newborn dipes and would like to send them back in good condition. Any advice?
Quote: Originally Posted by BrownEyed I thought I'd check in here today. Things have been great here. I got my Harry Potter book today and have spent the day nursing Adrienne and reading. She's such a laid back baby. Funny story: Yesterday morning I was getting ready to give Adrienne a bath. She was on the bed with DH and I was by the dresser getting everything ready. I look into the dresser mirror to see DH feverishly shooing away our 4 cats, who...
Quote: Originally Posted by tripmom+ You all have such adorable babies!! I have to learn hoe to put up pictures. Hayleigh will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. I can hardly believe it. When I was pregnant, the days just dragged on and on and now they are flying by. Today was my first day alone with all five kids. I'm not really sure how I am supposed to nurse a newborn, spend quality time with the other kids, keep a house semi-clean and maybe squeeze in a...