or Connect

Posts by manitobamama

I found during pregnancy my obsessive compulsive disorder slowed down and I was much more relaxed than I normally am. Now baby is 13 days old and I'm finding my anxiety and ocd increasing. I suffered with ppd with dd2 and I am starting to get very anxious that I will have it again. I am also over worrying about things happening to her. Not that I will do something to her just the what ifs and I feel my heart start racing and I can't stop the thoughts. I am also getting...
This is my third baby and with my other two (15 and 13 now) I listened to other people and let them cry. I sure wish I had listened to my instincts! But I was very young! This time I think I get more anxious when she cries and I want to make sure everything I can do to make her more comfortable is done. I am tired of hearing from my parents just let her cry it's healthy for her to cry! She's only 13 days old! : With this babe we are committed to parenting her a whole...
Oh Thank You! You just re affirmed why I am not taking Emerson to any ped! I hate hate hate doctors and unless it is a true emergency I don't take any of my children to the doctor. Some days I wish that I could find a really good doc that was in line with my beliefs but alas that is a dream world! I have only done homopathic remedies for years now... the last time I saw a doc personally they didn't have a clue anyway and I took the right homopathic remedy and cured myself...
Yeah Clara! Sending you easy labor vibes! Go mama! Thanks for sending your mama online to let us know, can't wait to here more!
Quote: Originally Posted by AmBam My baby is 10 days old today!! I can't believe it! It goes by so fast! The mw showed up last night and checked him out. He's already over his birth weight. He was 9 lbs 2 oz at birth and was 9 lbs 5 oz yesterday. His cheeks are filling out and he's getting kinda chubby all over. He's super cute and a super content and happy baby and I'm enjoying him tons. I love having a newborn around again. . AmBam, Now I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 I left a message for my the midwife that my friend used and am hoping to hear back from her. Fingers crossed for you mama. I'm still thinking about you and sending you good vibes!
We just had a uc and didn't tie off the cord with anything. We waited about 2 hours and the cord had completely stopped pulsing then dh cut the cord. There was a bit of bleeding but not much. Next time I think I would wait even longer but I was just ready to have it cut so we could move around better. oh and placenta was out within a half an hour or so. And an excellent book that I found solidified my uc beliefs was Laura Shanley's book Unassisted Birth!
Quote: Originally Posted by momto l&a not from your birth club, saw your post on the new post search. A few thoughts. For three of my hb's my old mw always checked my iron and it was low so I would take liquid chorophyll. I always bleed like crazy after birth. birth #4 came with a new mw. she never checked iron and I never took chlorophyll. I didn't bleed heavily like what I normally did. talked to new mw about it and another mw she worked with...
Quote: Originally Posted by fw221 : What complete and utter CRAP! I agree!
Joanna, I feel for you, I am bio mom to two teens and somedays I have no control! I can't imagine coming in when they are teens or close to teen years. Teens can be evil beings at times! Hugs to you, it will get better they will grow up someday!