or Connect

Posts by Mollybeth

You are actually safer after ovulation--provided that you determined ovulation using cervical mucus/peak day and/or temping--than you are in that first week after your period! We were using short-cut "rules" (that is, not observing any cervical mucus until a predetermined date--based on 8 years of charting with no ovulation previously before day 21) and that is how baby #3 came along. Yes, after that many years of being predictably long, my cycles became shorter. Just...
As far as the midwives I mentioned before--no, the unfortunately do not deliver at home. That is one of the reasons I have not made up my mind about using them. Re: Homefirst/birth control pills: I understand that they do not prescribe artificial hormones of any kind, as a health concern primarily. The artificial estrogen and progestin in the pill have been shown to increase the risk of certain types of cancer. Additionally, they are an anti-abortion practice, and...
Deb works in the Aurora area, out of Provena Mercy and Rush Copley. How far are you from Aurora? The midwife I used last time moved to GlenOaks Hospital (somewhere out by Army Trail Rd/355?), and I really liked her (just not the hospital where she used to work). Molly
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back...I was thinking about using Deb Riddell. Do you know her or other midwives in the area? Molly
Hello! I live out in the western suburbs. I have heard many good things about Homefirst. My close friend was planning to have her first child at home, but ended up having an emergency c-section several weeks early due to pre-eclampsia and ruptured placenta--obviously, she was screened out well and the problem was detected and she and baby were saved. She has gone on to have two wonderful home VBACs since then, with Homefirst. She definately feels that she would have...
I was wondering, for those of you who are part of a Waldorf school... Do you believe in the tenets of Anthroposophy? Have you read them or studied them? Did you choose a Waldorf school based on these beliefs, or for other reasons? I understand (through reading, not experience) that Anthroposophy is not taught out-right in the schools...but how do these beliefs transfer into the classroom? Thanks! Molly