or Connect

Posts by indigo_sue

Quote: Originally Posted by Lissybug I was thinking (since your dh likes Nicholas) Simon Nicholas. Hey that's neat... I was just reading about all these Simon + ? questions and we're naming our son Simon Nicholas. We actually decided on that name about 7 or 8 years ago, before we were even married. Now we have debates about who proposed the name Simon first because we both think it was our idea. It's a great thing to debate about because we're...
That sounds miserable! I think you probably just had a midwife who was in a horrid mood that day and wasn't very professional about doing your test. I've had some lab techs who say my veins are hard to find, and others who say they're totally on the surface and very easy. I would say that midwife owes you an apology because she should never have made you feel bad about something you have such little control over (your VEINS for crying out loud) and she should have been...
Phew, I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear all these answers. This is my first pregnancy so to be quite honest, I really don't know whether I'd recognize a "real" contraction as opposed to a BH. I guess I need to do more reading about all of that! I just find that books do a lousy job of explaining what a contraction feels like. They just say "contraction" and expect that you know what that will feel like. I have a pretty high pain tolerance level from doing...
I'm new to the GD forum. I recently read "unconditional parenting" and had mixed feelings about it, but I did like the basic principles. Something I haven't seen brought up in this thread yet is the issue of safety. Now I'm not a mom yet, but I'd imagine safety is a pretty top concern for parents. When water goes outside the bathtub (or sink) then it creates a safety hazard for people who want to get out of the tub and walk around. Wouldn't it make more sense to a...
Hi everyone, I don't post in here very often but I thought I'd ask if anyone else is having this situation. Ever since the early days of this pregnancy, I've been finding that whenever I have a good strong orgasm, my uterus contracts and it feels really tight and uncomfortable. If it's been a real champion orgasm, it actually hurts afterwards. I asked my doctor about this and he suggested it was the ligaments around the uterus stretching as the uterus contracts...
OMG how terrifying this must have all been for you! Thank heavens it turned out to be something the doctors must understand and know about, although I know when someone's body starts really malfunctioning, nothing is easy or simple. I know I'm a complete stranger, but : ... my best friend/SIL was in ICU this winter for three weeks, in a coma for two of them, and I know first-hand how much it derails you. I'm so glad that people around you are looking after you.
I'm going to be a first time mom as well, and I have to confess sympathy for Yamahachick because we've all kind of jumped on her with our theories. We've all read the same books and maybe she hasn't. The first book about parenting that I read, which was recommended to me by a friend who was strongly influenced by Sears, was called Our Babies, Ourselves. It was a somewhat academic approach to reviewing anthropological studies about parenting in different cultures. The...
Name: Indigo Sue (aka Sue) Contact Preference: Email or Phone (up here in Canada) Due Date: July 27
I haven't posted on the DDC much because I've been hanging out in my city tribe, but you guys all seem so nice! I'm going to be 18w this Friday and we have our big US scheduled for the morning. I know I'm not going to be able to sleep the night before... fortunately it's DH's birthday on Thursday so at least I can use my insomnia for nice romantic purposes, heh heh. Oh say, I'm in a "secret stork" club on my livejournal DDC community, and my stork says she's...
My midwife has recommended an US at 18-20 weeks because we didn't do the quad screen test and she wants us to have an opportunity to prepare for any tragic malfunctions. Also I've had about 6 US so far because I've had ovarian cysts that got removed last week (that was HE-double-hockey-sticks lemme tell ya). My biggest fear now, after my cyst surgery last week, is that the people at my hospital will "get their hands on me" again and start doing unnecessary things, as they...