or Connect

Posts by indigo_sue

Ditto on the footstool! Also, pillow pillows pillows. Hoist that baby up so you can hold your back in a neutral position instead of hunching or arching. What I did was hold my DS in a position, latched on, that felt pretty good, and then got people (DH or whomever was around) to stuff pillows around to support him. Often there was the My Brest Friend and another big pillow underneath that. For chairs, I found I had to move around and try different ones because my butt...
I was thinking about all the places I've nursed my son, and came up with the idea to make this adaptation: Do you like to nurse your son? Would you nurse him here or there? Would you nurse him in a house? Would you nurse him with a mouse? Would you nurse him in a box? Would you nurse him with a fox? Would you? Could you? In a car? Nurse him! Nurse him! There you are! You may like it. You will see. You may nurse him in a...
Well, I can't get into the offsite forum because my username was never validated and I can't seem to figure out how to contact the forum administrator. So, not the greatest experience with that other forum. Why can't we have a thread here? I have enough websites to visit already, I hardly even get time to visit MDC let alone another site.
We were SO lucky to get this RIE daycare space, and it happened on a total fluke. In this province there's an agency (Child Care Resource and Referral) which keeps lists of all licensed and/or qualified childcare providers. You tell them what areas you want to look in, and they send you the list of ALL the places within your age range and child care type. (Group or in-home). Victoria Children's Centre wasn't even on our list because it was in a different area and we...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheAJs The thing is.. if he didn't like the idea, I would've rather he told me that instead of just blatantly ignoring my request. Maybe he doesn't want to have the conflict any more than you do? I don't think it's fair for him to not be able to go out in the morning, but at the same time I think it's reasonable for you to ask him to make sure your DD gets her morning nap in at "approximately" the same time each day....
Quote: Originally Posted by jackalope2006 Has anyone every sent their child to a RIE (Resources for Infant Educarers) daycare? My DS will be starting at a day care part-time in the beginning of February. The people there seem super nice, gentle, and kind but the reading material they gave me and some of the things the director said to me have me a little concerned. To me, the RIE philosophy seems extremely UNattached. The philosophy is "less is more",...
Hi July mamas! I never got around to getting onto the offsite forum, although I've gone and registered now. What a year it's been! Simon won't officially be 1 until August 3 but he was due July 27. He's crawling now, and beginning to cruise a little. He's got 6 teeth and is working on a molar, we think. No words yet, but he's got lots of laughter and a sing-song "dadadadadadada" which charms me completely. I feel like superwoman having made it this far. Is there...
OK I need some help... my 10mo DS has become a change-table monkey. (Well actually, I've given up on the change table, now we're just on the floor with the change mat underneath). The minute I place him down to be changed, he becomes a squirmy little monkey, and I can't keep him from crawling away - it's a struggle even to get a FuzziBunz onto him, and that's just four snaps! Forget about clothing. Getting dressed used to be a great time we had together, mother and...
My godmother, who I assume is well-meaning, sent me this article this morning. I'm SOOOO pissed off. I appreciate the "wisdom" about attachment and children's needs, but thanks very much I've already taken that into consideration and determined that the best for our family as a whole is for my DS to be in his (excellent, fulltime) daycare. I submitted this response, as a letter to the editor and a reply to my godmother: I think that's a horrendous article that...
Yup, ITA. Your baby's schedule is what matters, not yours. Sorry but it's true here! He needs to be fed (and allowed to sleep) when his body is giving him those messages, not when it's convenient for his adults. I'm sure you did that at home before you went back to work so it's really hard for him to change now, and he doesn't need to!