or Connect

Posts by Pernillep

Quote: Originally Posted by mnnice However, I don't think the $20,000 upside down needs to be that insurmountable. People have $20,000 of debt on credit cards for meals they should have eaten at home. People have $20,000 in debt on degrees (or parts of degrees) that didn't give any more marketable job skills. I am sure there is a clueless person out there that is that upside down on her/his car. My point is people are in debt for far more nonsensical...
So, I spent some time on the phone with an experienced short sale realtor today and it is really starting to hit. We bought responsibly, didnt over extend or allow ourselves to become house poor. Now we are paying for it because we can still afford the payments so shortsale will be really hard (read impossible) to get approval for. Had we, on the other hand, taken out another $100k mortgage bought in a nicer area we would have it much easier. Next step is to call a few...
I am your husband. Well not really but I have the same problem I have noticed I buy things more when I am feeling unhappy or out of control in other areas of my life. Like right now,I just went back to work after having a baby and I am constantly itching to spend money on stupid things. Also, my father has a shopping problem. He loves it. He can drive to 10 stores to get hte cheapest of sometihng they don't really need. It is a way for him to have something to do if...
I am here too. Love seeing the pictures. I will get one up of Jonas one of these days. He is going to be 3 months on Tuesday. Funny about conception days. Mine was a year ago Tuesday. I totally forgot until you guys started talking about it Anyone else completely overwhelmed. I went back to work 2 weeks ago. Sucks having an "important" corporate job and being the breadwinner. I want to be home with my little snookums. But I want the toddler to go to daycare You know...
Quote: Originally Posted by jeliphish ...I've always wondered if people in your situation would have any way of suing the city for allowing conditions to stay so poor. ...like due to their inability to properly and efficiently deter crime as well as allow the public school systems to deteriorate...your well being is jeopardized. I’ll see if I can find some case studies. I'm sorry...I know this is stressful That is a good one for my hubby to...
I am surprised that so many are recommending shortsale. When we discussed it previously we were told it would not be accepted by the mortgage company as we are well within our ability to pay the monthly mortgage. Maybe it is time to try asking the question again. An
Quote: Originally Posted by shayinme I am from Chicago, where exactly are you located as far as neighborhoods. I used to live in Wicker Park and Bucktown back in the early 90's before they got gentrified and I am thinking you might be able to rent it out for a decent price especially of someone else thinks there is potential. Knowing Chicago the way I do, I know you are in a bad area it can be really bad. We are in West Humbolt Park/ East...
almost 6 years ago we bought a house in a "transitional" neighborhood. We wanted ot make sure we did not over buy so the payments were reasonable. Rehabbing was starting to sprout up here and there but we were probably one of the first to move in. Now 6 years later and the economy has tanked completely halting any improvements and actually making everything take a turn for the worse. It is just not safe here anymore and with 2 small children I can't justify staying. We...
while my dislike of pumping is not as strong as yours but I can relate. I just went back to work on Monday and I am pumping 3 times a day. This is my second venture into pumping so I am used to it by now. It does get easier and eventually becomes a part of your day. I agree with PP that said try to change your mindset. The pump is your friend, it allows you to give your baby what is best while you still provide for yourself and your family. It really is a great asset...
You don't need to go out to shop I online shop on Black Friday if I need to get any gifts. No way I am leaving the house. Also, we are at the inlaws and there is no place to shop Closest mall is an 1 1/2 hours away.