or Connect

Posts by Pernillep

My first did not sleep that long of a stretch until he was much older. I was lucky if I got 3 hour stretches until he was 6 months. I am hoping this one will be different but he is only 2 weeks old. A few days I have gotten 3 1/2 hours. so that is already longer than with my oldest. At night it could be that he is not really that hungry just comfort nursing and waking up because of that need. I know my oldest did that a lot especially at night.
No way. Ask me again in 2 years or so but very likely we are done.
My 2 1/2 year old has just started a super whiny phase where he asks for something and then when we give it to him he says I don't want it. We then remove it and say ok, he then whines and tantrums with I want. The cycle can continue for 20 min or more. Sometimes it escallates into a real tantrum with arms frailing and toddler hitting, sulking and screaming. Other times he just keeps asking for either the same thing or something new. So far we have tried giving him 2...
Quote: Originally Posted by Pernillep 1. Grilled chicken with broccoli 2. BLTs on homemade bread and garden tomatoes 3-SepSpagetti with vodka sauce/Italian Sausage and Broccoli 4-SepTequila lime turkey with rice and beans 5-SepGrilled Pork Chops with oven roasted potatoes and green beans 6- Sep Beef stew over rice So far so good Slight change for today as our friends are not coming afterall so I need to come up with something....
aydensmama - nope not over reacting. I think our DHs have their own version of the post partum shock and act out. Seems like yours runs away. Mine just get really negative and has a short fuse. If he drops somethign it is hte end of the world and he swears and gets all angry. Completely over reacting. I actually told him to leave yesterday, go do somethign that made him happy and come back as a productive positive member of the family. I am refusing to walk on egg shells...
Quote: Originally Posted by texaspeach on my way to the hospital.. hoping this goes ok : good luck, you will do great
well if you are a horrible person so am I. I am mourning the daughter I will never have. We had not decided we were done so until last week there was a slight possibility of us having a 3rd. But because of the type of section i had I did some research and the combination of risks involved in having more children and my age means we are now done. I am not willing to gamble a possible life for the chance of a girl. I love my boys but as a woman it is hard to come to...
updated with my September meal plan. I used to plan by the month but skipped August due to the new baby. It is time to get back into the habit 1. Grilled chicken with broccoli 2. BLTs on homemade bread and garden tomatoes 3-SepSpagetti with vodka sauce/Italian Sausage and Broccoli 4-SepTequila lime turkey with rice and beans 5-SepGrilled Pork Chops with oven roasted potatoes and green beans 6-Sepfriends bringing takeout 7-Sepgrilling - burgers etc 8-SepHome made...
So, I also fell off the wagon for a few months. I am currently on maternity leave and while 2/3 of it is paid time off and the rest I have saved I want to take this opportunity to spend less than what I have in the budget. It is going to be really hard because with a newborn I spend too much time at home and internet shop. We need to cut at least $100-$200 from our budget by November when we need to decide how we will handle daycare. no matter what option we choose it will...
i am in too. august was hard and only got harder by an unexpected c-section. We have spent way too much eating out. Time to get back to normal. I was so good at meal planning and cooking from scratch before the end of the pregnancy. We get 1 or 2 take-out or restaurant meals a month as part of our entertainment budget. I can't live without Thai food and I simply can't make it so it tastes right. 1. Grilled chicken with broccoli 2. BLTs on homemade bread and...