or Connect

Posts by Pernillep

Thanks for posting. While I don't have guilt necessarily, I am doing a lot of questioning right now. I know it will not change the outcome but to accept it I need to somehow move beyond the questioning and accept we made the right choices for us in the heat of the moment.
So far we have been really lucky. My 2.5 year old is totally chill about this new baby thing. He is very good at letting me know that the baby is crying - he keeps saying baby is crying, baby sad. We are working on explaining to him that babies cry for a lot of reasons and it doesn't mean the baby is sad. He wants to help and keep asking me if baby needs a diaper. It is super cute. No tantrums or otherwise acting out in any way. He is just like he was before. He is...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommy2naomi I've been wanting to join a United Natural Foods Buying Club. Anyone with experience? lug and carry is through unfi. it is the oak park and surounding areas buying club.
I am actually doing really well. I am surprised how quickly am recovering really. I was expecting it to be worse I guess. Today I went to get the staples removed which was kind of a horrifying experience. I went with DH this morning to drop off DS1 at daycare then we had our co-op working morning before going to the doctors office. Because it was a unexpected section it was a doctors office I had never been to and at a hospital I would never go to. It was just weird and...
I am so sorry you are going through this. Hope you will be home soon with your little one and this will just be a horrible memory. I will be thinking of you guys
To look at my massive stapled incision. I took my first full body shower since the section and while it felt wonderful removing the bandage and taking a real look at the incision was not a pleasant experience. I am stapled from right below my belly button all the way to the hairline. I am wearing the stretchy bandage they gave me at the hospital and removing that made it feel like everything was going to fall right out. I couldn't wait to put it back on to get some...
I started on the cloth the day we got home and have been using the prefolds exclusively with a combination of pull covers and wool. I can fold them anyway I need to and they do not interfere with the cord etc. So far they have held everything the little guys can dish out. I did put one of the cute newborns on him though yesterday as it was the only one I could reach and I wanted to see how they fit. It was so cute and fluffy. Should have gotten a picture. We may...
Ok, so I am bored out of my mind. This must be what bed rest feels like. For now I am allowed to go up and down stairs once per day until after my appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday. I cant lift anything or really do anything. I am spending a lot of time in bed since we have it set up so I can have the PC etc right here. Any TV shows on Hulu I should catch up on? I just got some yarn out and will pick up my knitting again since the overall body ache is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Spring Sun I am on day 5. I am feeling pretty great, which is making it seem like maybe I don't need to rest so much? I guess I am not sure exactly how much is too much? Should I not be gettin gup at all except to go to the bathroom? I had no tearing, no swelling. I feel much better than I did pregnant. I have more energy, more mobility. I actually got sleep last night, which is great. My midwife said no stairs at all,...
sure granola bar Hey, I was just trying to hunt down candy but we have none in the house.