or Connect

Posts by Pernillep

Original title was . I haven't told DH and I am worried And i am feeling a little guilty. I got the definite BFP Tuesday morning. After haven taken close to 10 POAS tests at home and still not being convinced of the result I went to the drugstore and got a digital one. You know the one that says PREGNANT in big letters so you can't pretend it isn't there. I was so intent on knowing that i even took it in the bathroom stall at work during regular working hours (I know...
Congrats to everyone who have already shared their happy news. It looks like I will be joining you. This comes as quite a surprise. We were not going to try for #2 until after our vacation in February since I wanted to be able to enjoy the tropics without being sick but I guess nature had other plans. I have not yet told DH and trying to find the perfect time. I know he will be excited once he gets over the shock and panic. Never thought I would be this fertile at 35...
Quote: Originally Posted by Girlprof With DS, first baby and trying to get to the hospital as late as possible. When the MW told me I was 9 cm, I yelled out "I rock!" . LOL I did the same thing I was about 8 CM when I got checked at the hospital and I even high fived DH. I am not the high five'ing type of girl. Most of my memories are not beautiful or peaceful.... just funny. The look on DHs face when the car wouldn't start to go...
This time around the inlaws will not be welcome until after the baby is at least a month old maybe more. I learned my lesson last time. My mom came for the birth and it was great to have her. She cooked and cleaned and was a great help. The inlaws arrived when DS was 4-5 days old and didn't lift a finger. They sat around and expected me to go out to dinner with them. They invited the rest of their kids to come hand out at my house and didn't leave until late at night...
we are not religious. Illinois does not have philosophical exemptions and I don't feel right about the sample letters regarding religious exemptions since they do not illustrate our beliefs. Then on the other hand why would I care. I just want DS into daycare and while out doctor supports the non-vax ,as in she has never said anything, I have not discussed the medical exemption with her. I also hear they are harder to use. Any insights would be much appreciated.
awesome - May I ask what your doctor wrote? We have to submit something as well and I am curious. I haven't had any problems declining with my doc but I don't know if she will write something for us for daycare.
Quote: Originally Posted by Potty Diva Just a question, because I come across this a lot...why exactly is it rude? Is it not rude for others to tell you what will come in and out of your house? Yes. I completely agree with the question. I don't get why it is rude and never did. Honestly I would rather have people tell me what they want to I spend my money on something that will make them happy. For a little one that means making the parents...
This has been a huge challenge for us. I felt I was doing twice the work and he got to sit around and play guitar, surf the net and nap. So we started a list of what needs to be done. As the stay at home parent it is his reponsibility to keep the house nice and yes he cleans the bathrooms which is worth is just for that . I do all the cooking becuase I like it and I am not sure I would eat most of what he cooks, He cleans. I also do the laundry but he folds and puts...
A few weeks ago I saw a link posted to an online store/pharmacy that would fill the individual docues of M/M/R instead of combined. I have a co-worker who really wants to do this and asked for the link. Now for hte life of me I can't find it. Do you know where to find other than a local pharmacy?
I have never had to take DS out and we have flown through 6 different airports since he was born 5 months ago.