or Connect

Posts by Learning_Mum

I don't consider myself an alcoholic but I know that I have a problem with alcohol. For me it wasn't how often I was drinking but how much I drank when I did. I can't just have one or two drinks, when I drink, I drink until I am drunk and I just don't like who I am when I'm drunk.   I haven't drunk to excess for about 5 years, the last drink I had was 19th August 2007. I just don't touch it. It's easier that way and better for me.
Eddie Vedder is totally yum. Then and now. And that voice! Swoon!
Oh and Morten Harket (A-ha)
Christian Slater   Kevin Costner   Ralph Macchio
If I recall correctly, you have written about this situation a couple of times over a loooong time. Call CYFS. The child is being neglected. That's what they're there for.
Just get the lock for the seat belt. Too bad if she hates it. Until she can be trusted to keep her seat belt buckled she doesn't get to be in control of it. This is a safety issue and she is obviously not able to fully understand the possible consequences of her actions and does not have the self control yet to stop herself when she is in the middle of a tantrum. 
Are you planning on moving straight in with him? Because personally, if the 13yo is still having problems with his parents splitting up then Dad's long distance girlfriend moving in with them would be a lot to handle. I would suggest moving to the same place and spending a few nights there a week but having two seperate homes to give him some time to adjust to the situation. 
They are two grown women who come and visit their Dad and sisters once or twice a week. That's pretty good if you ask me. I know you want for your daughters to have a relationship with them but you need to remember that they have their own lives.   If it makes you feel any better, my sister is 14 years older than me. She moved out at 18yo when I was 4yo. We didn't have a real "sibling" relationship when I was growing up, she was more like an aunt I guess, but now...
I would suggest you move to NYC, get a job and move in with a room mate, have regular visitation and then worry about getting custody of your son. I don't see any judge is going to grant you custody right now. It sounds to me as though you moved out of the family home, left your son with his father and moved away. He has lived with his Dad for over half of his life and has a stable, loving home. You have no income, no house and only get to see your son once a year....
My DS2 is 4yo this month. I wipe for him. I wouldn't really trust him to be able to wipe properly at this stage. His older brother was about 5yo (or close to) when he started wiping himself. I get him dressed. I put on his shoes. I brush his teeth. I pretty much do everything for him.