or Connect

Posts by Learning_Mum

We have the same problem. DS1 often puts "Sammy" down in different places and it can be fun trying to find him! We've had talks about how if he put Sammy in the same special place then we'd be able to find him when he wanted him. Sort of works. Sometimes. I don't know if having two or three would help. DS1 (who is almost 4yo BTW) used to have a couple of Sammy's that he would happily swap around but one day he just decided that one of them was better and he wouldn't...
I think if you eat a variety of foods and try to eat things that are as close to their natural state as possible, you can't go wrong. Your body usually tells you what you need. That's just my theory. We eat alot of fruits, veggies, greek yoghurt, nuts, grains, beans, lentils, cheese, eggs and some chicken, fish and red meat (we limit our meat because of the cost and because it doesn't agree with me much).
I make greek yoghurt and that comes out nice and thick. I had the same problem when I was trying to make just the 'normal' yoghurt. I use an EasiYo yoghurt maker and buy their packets. The only ingredients are milk and probiotics. Really easy and cheap.
Quote: Originally Posted by Siennaflower I have had this happen to me too. Unbelievably embarrassing. God, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!!
It means you're a great Mum because she's so secure and confident!! Honestly though, it's a phase I'd say. DS2 is 13 months and the other day he wanted to go home with my friend! He still wants Mama when he's unhappy though! It will get easier the more it happens!
A little late to the party, but I sent you a friend request too!
I've got one. Ugh, it's so embarrassing! I'm cringing just thinking about it! One night, before kids, I had dressed up in a sexy little nighty for DH, as a surprise. I was lying on the couch in a provocative pose when he came in the room. Then he said "um, you've got toilet paper stuck to you" - I had a *huge* piece of toilet paper stuck to my princess parts!! I have no idea how I didn't realise it was there! I was so embarrassed! I was trying to be soooooo sexy. I had...
We had like a rocker / bouncer. I used it often when DS were smaller. Great for having a shower or being able to go to the toilet or do the washing (or infact tidy up, because I can't seem to do that with a baby on my back!). Also good for putting them down when they're newborns and fall asleep in your arms. I'm the type of person that gets touched out so I just can't hold a baby while they're sleeping. Not when they're sleeping most of the day anyway! Also good for...
Quote: Originally Posted by lindberg99 When I had my cat put to sleep, I just told the kids (who were 5 & 7) that she had a vet appointment and she was very ill and I didn't think she would be coming home. They both said good-bye to her. The whole thing was much harder on me than on them. I think this is a good idea.
We watch a vet programme here at night, and they've had to put animals down. I tell DS (3yo) that the animal was very very sick and that the vet will give the animal an injection to go to sleep and then another injection to stop the animals heart beating and that the animal was very sick and wasn't going to get better and it's kinder and nicer for the vet to put them down. DS is seems to deal well with straight forward, 'scienitific' answers. I would then just talk...