or Connect

Posts by hapersmion

I have a K'Tan also!  It's not as easy as my basic New Native sling, but it seems to work pretty well!  :)
Merry Christmas Eve!  :)  I'm down here taking a break from pumping - we gave the baby his first bottle yesterday, so maybe if he practices we can go see the Hobbit movie sometime...  :)  He seemed uncertain about it, but didn't cry.  I have nearly six ounces of milk saved up now... :P  Never have been good at this pumping thing, but luckily it doesn't much matter.  They say it's smart to have a stash built up, though, just in case. He's 8 weeks old today!  So fat!  :) ...
I think the thread sticks around for a good few months, for baby chatting.  :)  I do the burp cloth thing too - I'm never without one!  I was well trained by my second son, who spit up copiously and constantly until he was one.  :)  I still get milk everywhere sometimes, though - especially before I get dressed in the morning, when both sides start going...  It is silly.  :) We've been having a really crazy week.  My mom left town, after a long couple of visits - so...
Congratulations to all the moms!  There are some cute babies here!  :) Wow, Vaquitita, that is a rough time, I'm sorry the doctor was so horrid.  :(  Good job making it through.  And I agree with everyone else, very cute baby.  :)  Mine makes that face too.  My baby is five weeks old today!  I suppose it's within the realm of possibility that I could still have been waiting for him - I would be 43 weeks today... oof, that would be crazy!  :)  I'm thinking of all you moms...
Hooray!
Mostly they're one-size, but old enough that they've probably lost some elasticity.  :)  The prefolds and wool covers are working better, though. 
All our cloth diapers are still too big!  :)  The baby just had his first more-breastfed-than-meconium poop, and it was all the way down his pants leg...  Good thing they were camo pants.  :P My favorite diapers were the organic BumGenius 4.0 all-in-one one-size ones, with snaps.  I love them because they have internal flaps, so they wash and dry better than other all-in-ones, but you don't have to stuff them (I don't like pocket diapers).  They've stopped making them,...
  (The smiley is for my son.) Baby Luke was born last night at 2:45!  :)  Contractions were weak all day (so the cookies weren't a problem), and kept going away, but after the boys went to bed (and so did I) they started up really strong after an hour or so.  Ouch, it was pretty rough for a while after that!  But I was ready to quit waiting around, so can't complain.  I ended up having a cervical lip during pushing, like last time, which was annoying, but the midwife...
Hippy mum, I had the same problem with the diva cup after my second son was born!  (I never tried it before my first.)  It was so annoying, because it had worked so perfectly before that, it was like I wasn't even having a period.  *sigh*  I tried all kind of different ways of putting it in, and it just leaked all the time.  :( Had sushi for lunch.  Ordering Famous Dave's for dinner.  :)   If I have room from all this cookie dough...  I should go away from the computer,...
ka2003, good luck with the baby turning!  And remember that they really can't tell weight - and even if they could it isn't an indication for c-section!  My breech was only 8 pounds, but he lost some weight in meconium before we could weigh him.  :)  I hope everything works out for you! My midwife said that if I wasn't having contractions tomorrow we'd need to try some herbs and stuff.   But I've been having some for the past hour or so, yay!  They're still only of...