or Connect

Posts by hapersmion

Yup, did those things.  And had a nap.  And am having no contractions.  :P  Kind of annoying.
Still nothing going on, but I'm trying to be patient.  :)  Looks like my mom will probably have plenty of time.  Apparently the midwife wants me to do Hibiclens diluted in a squirt bottle whenever I go to the bathroom...not sure I want to.  I didn't ever consider it, so I haven't done my usual research... But I did without it (never got tested for group B strep either) the other two times, with no trouble.  I don't really want to expose the baby to antibiotics and who...
So, I woke up this morning and my water had broken.  This is my third baby - with my first labor, water broke to start labor, and I didn't have strong contractions for nine more hours, just painless ones 6 minutes apart.  Looks like this time is going the same way so far.  Midwife at the time didn't say anything about hibiclens, and we didn't have any problems.  Second labor, water didn't break until pushing - no hibiclens.  This time we have the same midwife as the second...
And my dad just sent me a plane ticket receipt for my mom... She was still in Texas.  Looks like she'll get to town about 4:30... she might make it.  Yay for frequent flyer miles, I guess....  :)  (My mom is a bit crazy about babies...)
:)  38 weeks tomorrow, this is the earliest I've gone.  Contractions are 6-7 minutes apart now, but still not stronger than braxton-hicks.  That's how things went the first time, my water broke and I didn't have painful contractions until 9 hours later.  But with my second, the contractions started in strong and painful right away (but the labor was only two hours shorter, I felt cheated).  We'll see how it goes this time. We don't have a Halloween costume!  (Or a...
Huh.  I woke up with my water broken.  Very odd, I really expected not to be early.  Not a whole lot of contractions yet.
Stinky car seat - if the other ideas don't work, you could try stripping the car seat like you'd strip diapers with detergent build up.  You put some dish soap in the wash, and keep running it until the suds go away.  That's supposed to get rid of detergent residue, so it might get rid of the smell too.   Oof, I'm so uncomfortable today!  I'm having lots and lots of contractions - not real ones, but some of them are pretty uncomfortable, and they were close enough...
Definitely look into each vaccine.  We got the HepB shot for my first son (delayed it until he was two months old and thought we were rebels), because we figured it might be something he'd come into contact with as an adult (blood-borne illness mostly), and he might as well be immune.  Then when I did more in-depth research with my second son, I found out that immunity from the three HepB shots is only expected to last for 5-10 years.  So, unless you have HepB yourself,...
Unuselyriver - No fun!  I hope you get to the date you want without having to go through more contractions!   Vaquitita - I'm always afraid I'm going to do something like that!  I dropped a knife on my belly a couple of months ago... luckily it wasn't very sharp.  :P You have more time saved up than we do, we only have 5 days.  But if the rest of the month goes well we might pick up a few more.  Of course, if you're tired, you might consider taking some of your break...
Looks like in Tennessee there aren't as many regulations as in some other places.  :)  I'm a rebel anyway - not going to the hospital just because some number says!   But really, I don't expect it to matter.  My first baby was 5 days early (I got sick the week before and nearly went into labor then, I think that hurried him along, plus he was breech), second one was 3 late - I'm betting I go a few days past my due date this time too.  I shall plan on it, so I don't start...