or Connect

Posts by hapersmion

Wow, SparkleMaman!  Things are getting exciting over there, good luck!  :) I've been gone again, and had to catch up with all the posts - I keep telling myself I'll check the forum more often, but this time I have a good excuse.  I've been using my evenings trying to get things ready for the baby, instead of messing around on the computer after the boys are in bed.  :)  I have all my cloth diapers washed (some of them are looking kind of ragged, I hope they last!), and a...
I'm so sorry. 
Wow, I haven't been on here in forever!  We went to the beach again with my parents at the first of September, then we all got colds for the millionth time...  The beach was lots of fun, except that whenever I get out of the water and my belly stops floating I get round ligament pain!  So that made waves very uncomfortable at times!  :)  I broke my dad's beach chair by sitting in it.  *sigh*  I guess I didn't have to worry about not gaining enough weight... (Well, my three...
I'm still here.  Haven't had much time for checking the forums, we're working hard on school around here.  Tomorrow will put us five days ahead of schedule, so I can take a long break when the baby arrives.  :)  My older son has a cavity now, so I'm stressing a lot about that.  I hate having to deal with dentists.  But the appointment is made, so now I can try to just put it out of my mind until then.   29 weeks, that seems so far along!  Though I'm not sure how my belly...
My midwife doesn't even do most of the tests.  :)  I do turn down the doppler during visits, but I don't mind it during labor.  By then the baby is so big that I don't think it's going to do any damage.  (I think the risk is pretty small during pregnancy too, I just prefer to err on the side of caution.)
I finally got a little bit of colostrum!  It's pretty late for me, I got it at 19 weeks during my first pregnancy.
I think delayed cord clamping is one of the most important things we can do for our babies' future health.  There are a million studies and links (but I'm getting tired of being at the computer, about nap time here...), and they pretty much boil down to this.  Waiting as long as possible (I used to think a couple of minutes was enough, or "until it stops pulsing" - but it looks like it's even better to wait until the cord is white and drained) to clamp the baby's cord...
Someone on my FB just posted this, and I thought of this discussion.  Tiffa, you might find it especially helpful for showing to your husband:  http://9davids.blogspot.com/2010/11/50-reasons-to-leave-it-alone.html And as for the religious side of things, that list has a couple of links about that too.  As a Christian, I was kind of wondering about that too at one time, but here's a link that sums up my conclusions (that Christians aren't religiously required to...
Tiffa - You may not be able to control what happens in every situation, but being fully informed and ready to stand up for yourself can really help!  :)  I always go into labor at night - but the boys weren't born until evening.  :) I'm nearly 26 weeks... I'm starting to feel like I need to get in gear!  We still haven't picked names, I need to get car seats on the wish list...   Hmm, birth plans.  I should really start talking to my mom about whether she wants...
Patience, I bought my squatty potty from their website (hm, I ought to check price on Amazon...looks like it's about the same right now, with the sale on the squatty potty website, if you have Prime for free shipping).  I'm about to go buy another one for the boys' bathroom - it has the added bonus of letting my 3-year-old climb up on his own to use the big potty.  :)  http://www.squattypotty.com/Default.asp?gclid=CIupjOOX2LgCFazm7AodSxsAmA Ultrafighter - Ugh,...