or Connect

Posts by hapersmion

Yep, with my first I had him breech at the Farm.  :)  It took a lot of pushing, maybe because I spent the first part in a bad position so my husband could "help".  :)  But everything was great.  With my second I was quite upset to find that labor was MORE painful, and still took almost as long, even though he was head-down!  :P  I didn't push all that long, though.  We'll see how this one goes. Blah, I feel icky today again.  Probably because I went out and stuffed...
Oh, and one other thing (a silly thing).  I just bought myself a squatty potty.  I spent a while thinking the idea behind them made sense, but they were way too silly for me to ever consider getting one, but after a while I actually looked at the website and saw that it was just a footstool, not a whole new weird toilet.  :)  So now I shall see if it improves comfort - but I'm thinking it might be nice for labor too.  Pushing on the toilet was comfortable for me with my...
We had our ultrasound today, finally!  (Now we just have to wait and see if insurance kicks in to cover it.)  Despite all the times my younger son told me there were twins, (Or - "Your belly is getting bigger bigger 'cause there's more more more babies!") there's just one in there.  :)  (Thank goodness.) It was just a quick scan, but everything looks good.  We got a good picture of a hand.  :)  And - it's a third boy, looks like.  The person wasn't 100% sure, because...
We got our ultrasound today, and it looks like a third boy!  We were trying for a girl, but oh well.  Boys are fun.
I agree with SilaMarila - ask more questions until you get comfortable, do what's best for you.  :)  You have time to decide.  (We ended up switching providers at the very very end of my first pregnancy - I met the midwives only once, three days before I went into labor... but it turned out great.)  We can never know for sure how things are going to go, but if you focus on educating yourself beforehand, you'll be ready to make the best decisions you can, no matter what's...
Sounds like good decisions, Divanova.  I'm glad they didn't find anything further to worry you! 
Both our boys (7 and 3) are intact, and I've always been really happy with the decision.  :)  My mom is weird about it, probably just because she had it done to both my brothers.  *shrug*  My boys haven't had any problems.  It isn't unsanitary, and an intact penis doesn't require special care.  You don't need to retract it until they start doing it on their own, and then you just have them rinse it when they have a bath.  No problem.  :) I wasn't informed about...
Yep, they can hear by this point.  This baby seems to move most when I'm lying down - or else I still can't feel it most of the time when I'm up and about.  I'll have to watch for this, it would be interesting.  :) The most active kicking I've ever felt was with my first.  We were watching my brother's high school play of the Hobbit, and the baby kicked CONSTANTLY all the way through the fight scene with the goblins.  :)  He was a fantasy fan early.  :)  
Weight gain:  I think I'm up to about 12 pounds so far.  That's behind by about ten pounds for me, but it's to be expected, since I can't eat my usual staples of whole milk and cheese.  :P  I've been experimenting with Lactaid milk over the last few days, though, and it doesn't seem to be causing me trouble.  That's a big help, since I really depended on milk in previous pregnancies for extra protein, and it seems like I can't tolerate legumes this time either, so it's...
Me neither, but I also hope things are okay!