or Connect

Posts by hapersmion

Congratulations on the boy!  :)  We're still waiting to see whether we get a girl after two boys.  Hmm, isn't that annoying that they didn't tell you what was going on?  They'll probably tell you if you call and ask - if it's anything at all, and not just a blip on the screen.  Good luck not worrying!
21 weeks and 2 days here!  We started second grade homeschool for my oldest on the first of July (have to get in some extra time so we can take a break when the baby is born), so we've been pretty busy this week.  :) I had my second midwife appointment on the first too - I even managed to hear the heartbeat with the fetascope.  I was pretty surprised, since my ears usually quit working as soon as I start listening - I can't even hear my own heartbeat half the time. ...
That's really upsetting, I'm sorry your doctor was so unhelpful!  Here's hoping it's all just a false alarm!  It sounds like there's an excellent chance that nothing is wrong at all. Hang in there!  
Wow, fun with everyone getting ultrasounds and finding out the sex!     UH, sounds very stressful!  :(  But it also sounds like everything could easily be just fine - here's hoping they check and find just the right amount of fluid, and a shrinking cyst, on your next check.   We've been having our vacation - taking a month off homeschool (we do year-round, and of course I don't really have the month all the way off, I have to plan second grade).  We went down to...
We'll be able to stay with the midwife, we can afford her without insurance if we have to - since we never have gotten much back from insurance in the past for homebirths anyway.  :)  We might be able to put off the labs, I haven't scheduled them yet, and we're going out of town for a week or so tomorrow anyway.  :)  But I'd kind of like to get them done, since I'm rH- and this is my fourth pregnancy.  I always got the Rhogam shots before, and I give blood when not...
Oh, I haven't been on, but she came home a few weeks ago, and is doing well!  :)  
I shake a fist at all insurance companies.  :P  It seems like they exist just to make life complicated. Right now we don't have any insurance at all.  This is less than ideal - my husband's company is having a dispute with their former insurance company, and don't seem to have plans to get new insurance... and apparently paying for it yourself is ridiculously expensive.  I'm hoping they figure something out soon, but if we have an emergency or something before that,...
Wow, I haven't been on in a while!  We just finished up our last few days of homeschool last week, so I was pretty busy.  :)  But that's done now, though I ought to be working harder on getting our 2nd grade books, since we're starting again in July.  *shrug* I had my first midwife appointment on Monday.  :)  I kept waiting, hoping that my husband's work would figure out their crazy insurance situation, but I can't wait forever.  I'm afraid it's going to cost us...
I was definitely miffed about the hot water.  :)  I will know better next time!  And yep, planning on a homebirth and having the tub set up this time too (we bought one of our own).  I'm not super attached to a water birth in particular, because I really like birthing stools too (and the toilet for pushing), but I want the option to be there.  :) People who are worried about scaring the neighbors might want to poke around on the homebirth threads, I'm pretty sure...
Yeah, it sounds pretty horrible.  But the baby is no longer intubated, breathing on her own with just the little oxygen tubes in front of her nose, AND they can hold her now!  So it seems like she's improving quickly!