or Connect

Posts by hapersmion

Mm, apples and peanut butter are a staple for me, especially since I still can't handle my usual dairy sources of calcium and protein!  Not that apples have calcium... Anyway... when I'm really careful about what I eat, I feel better, so I've been occasionally getting some housework done instead of letting my mom do it all.  (She's been in town for a long visit, the dishes get done way more often.)  :) I still haven't contacted my midwife from last time.  I'm 12+4...
Well, I'll update on my friend, just in case anyone was interested.  Poor thing!  Her water broke suddenly in the middle of the night Wednesday.  Since the baby was breech and premature, she had an immediate c-section.  They didn't get to do the lung-maturity shots or anything.  The baby is not super small for 35 weeks, 5.5 pounds or so, but she's having trouble breathing, and so she's all intubated and covered with wires, and her parents aren't even allowed to pick her...
If you're worried about it, you can always take your temperature - if it isn't elevated, the baby's temperature isn't elevated either.  :)  
Those are great ideas!  I wish I could think of some.  :)  Before we told my sister in law, my husband was talking to her about taking a long trip later this year, and said it would be too hard with four kids!  I gave him a very odd look, because this baby will be our third!  My sister in law didn't figure it out... but after we told her she said he'd definitely jinxed us to have twins.  :)  
I labored in the water for a while with my second son, homebirth.  It was pretty nice, but not hot enough for me, because my mom was watching my older son and ran the dishwasher and laundry, and used up all my hot water!  :P  I had them boiling water, but it wasn't enough.  I should have made my husband set the top water temperature higher, but he didn't think we'd need it.  Hmph.  (I like really hot water normally.)  *sigh* I got out at the end, but it was at least...
Yeah, I think it's just a comfort warning, not a safety one.  :) I was really liking spicy foods for the first few weeks, but now they make me feel sick afterwards.  But if they don't bother you, more power to you.  :)  
I guess you could also go back to the stone age and write it down on paper.  :)  Of course, that wouldn't tell you the nutritional content, but you could just write that it was so many servings of fruit, veggies, protein, etc.  
We had just about decided on Gwendolyn last time, then he was born!  :)  We went with Benjamin instead.  And now I don't think I like Gwendolyn anymore. We have to have Catherine in there, if we have a girl, it's a family name.  But I'm not sure if I like it for a first name, and it's hard to pick names that fit with it as a middle name.  We keep coming back to the name Tesla, and call her Tess, but it might be too silly.  If it's another boy, it's going to be...
Ina May was there - she knitted most of the time, it was pretty neat.  :)  Also, Carol Nelson was there, since I was a first time mom with a breech baby.  Both of them were very nice, they were helpful when I needed it and didn't bother me the rest of the time. Hippy mum, we got a really cheap stethoscope during my first pregnancy, and were only barely able to hear the baby's heartbeat in late pregnancy (sometimes I couldn't even hear my own heart).  But I don't think...
I'm sorry.  That's really hard.