or Connect

Posts by hapersmion

Thanks, I've seen those Cocorros mentioned before, I'll add it to my links to consider.  :)  I'm so lazy this pregnancy, I'd better get to work on stuff or I'm going to have to figure everything out at the last minute.  :)  
I might have to try some vegan cheese, could be good.  I didn't have any dairy or hummus today, and I'm feeling only moderately icky instead of "I'm probably going to die in the next five minutes."  So I guess it was the hummus.  Bah. Try not to worry!  I bet everything will be just fine.  :) I'm feeling bad for a friend of mine, she's more mainstream (though I did lend her my whole library of natural birth books).  She had an ultrasound today, and they told her a...
  The funniest thing was that I'd never heard of the place before I went there.  We visited and were talking to Ina May and another midwife, and they were like, "You've never read Spiritual Midwifery or Ina May's Guide to Childbirth?!"  :)   I felt kind of bad, like I'd insulted them, but I was just learning all this stuff.  I had been reading What to Expect for most of the pregnancy.  :) My midwife from last time is pretty non-interventive, but I'm pretty anti-social, so...
/waves We'll do one ultrasound, after 20 weeks sometime, because we have two boys, and my husband really wants time to deal with having three, if that's what we get.  :) Other than that, we're pretty non-interventive.  I had a homebirth last time, which was pretty nice, and my first birth was breech at the Farm, which was super awesome.  Planning another homebirth this time, and I'm considering telling the midwife to wait in the other room most of the time.  Or at...
AUGH I feel so awful!  :(  I've been doing better since I started avoiding dairy, but I had some pizza on Monday, and it really messed me up.  I expected to be over it by now, but the last two evenings I'm back to being quite nauseous.  :(  Maybe I can't handle hummus either, that's what I had both times.  *sigh* We've started telling our families.  My mom complained that we hadn't told her sooner, and then immediately started telling me I had to tell everyone else in...
I'm sorry.  It's especially hard when you've gone so long.  :(  
Well, I found a couple of accounts of people making the carseats fit. And our 7-year-old has been big enough for a backless booster for years, we just didn't see any reason to switch until now, so maybe that will fit better.  :)  We'll see, I haven't made any real progress researching it.  Once we tell my parents we can get the bucket seat out of their attic and see how it fits.  :)  
I'm very sorry.  
I hope things are fine, Kamiro, and that you don't have to worry too much.  Saara, I hope you find something that will work for you!  Have you checked out your Finding Your Tribe forum (do they still call it that? the region forums?) - that's where I found out that there were midwives closer to me than I thought.  For my first baby, we drove 5 hours in labor, which is kind of crazy, but worked great for us.  :)   Good luck finding a good solution! We told the boys...
Okay, I was having all day every day nausea, without vomiting, but fairly miserable nonetheless - and apparently it was caused by dairy.  On the one hand, this is great, because I've completely cut out dairy, and now I just feel hungry all the time and kind of weird, instead of having a constant churning ball of ick in my stomach.  On the other hand, cheese and milk are pretty much my most favorite foods ever, so I'm pretty sad, and really really hoping this is just a...