or Connect

Posts by hapersmion

Even though I haven't been particularly sore, I just feel icky and don't have a lot of patience for it right now.  So I haven't been offering.  My three-year-old hasn't been particularly interested, either, I'm wondering if my milk is drying up too.  He's still asking to nurse every other day or so, for now.  That's how my first did, too, when he was weaning.  He just had other things to do, and he gradually went longer and longer until he would just ask every couple of...
I don't even want to go in at all...  *sigh*  I had a homebirth last time, and my midwife was very nice and calming, but I wasn't 100% happy with her at the birth (she said words, and touched me a couple of times...), and even though I don't think I want to go through the process of getting to know the one other homebirth midwife in the area (didn't like her tone over email, for whatever that's worth), I'm still slightly conflicted about staying with the same...
Yep, I spent the first three months of my third pregnancy, after miscarrying the second, in a constant panic.  (I was checking my cervix and everything, it did nothing but make me more scared.  I'm not doing that this time...)  But worry really doesn't change anything, except for taking away your enjoyment of that part of the pregnancy.  You can spend the whole pregnancy worrying (and hey, you could worry all through the kid's childhood too!), and it's hard to just "turn...
I get it the same as andi-mama... but I even get it now and then when I'm not pregnant, if I sneeze hard when I'm lying on my back!   At least I can remind myself each time it happens that contractions don't hurt that badly!  (Okay, so they do last longer, and they keep coming back.  But still!)  
We didn't find out with our second, which was kind of neat.  (Except for doing two IntelliGender tests from the store - don't waste your money, they were both wrong!)  We still have a little frilly outfit hanging up that my mom decided to buy...  I should have dressed Benjamin in it just to make my dad mad...  :) My husband really wants to find out this time, since we have two boys and he feels like he needs time to adjust.  I don't really like ultrasounds, but we'll...
I'm sorry.  
With my second pregnancy, I started feeling funny tracing feelings, like tiny fingers along the inside of my stomach, really early, like 10 weeks.  But after I miscarried it seemed pretty clear that no baby had ever really developed, so I guess those feelings were just actual bubbles.  Since I've been feeling the same feeling since about 4 weeks this time, yeah, I'm going to have to mark those off my list.  *shrug* My journal from last time seems to be telling me that...
*insert more whining here* :)  I know I have it better than the people who are throwing up, but uggggghhhhh....
yogamama: For a cheap pregnancy pillow, you could just look at Target or any store like that, and they'll have them.  I used one of those the first time, and it was perfectly acceptable.  For a super expensive but awesome one, with extra uses, I recommend the TresTria: http://www.globalenfant.com/tres-tria-100-natural-cosleeping-solution-p-816.html My parents gave me one for Christmas last time.  :)  Looks like that one in the link is on sale, if I remember the...
EC is pretty interesting to look into.  Even if it doesn't quite work for you, every time you have a success that's one less diaper to wash.  :)  We've always done about half EC, on the days when I had enough energy to pay attention.  Having them run around in just prefolds helps too.   Babylegs!  Does anyone else like them?  :)  My boys never really wanted to wear them, but I thought they were awesome...