or Connect

Posts by hapersmion

I cut back to just about all natural stuff before one of my previous pregnancies.  I don't think it's crazy at all.  :)  (You might especially want to look at deodorant before you start breastfeeding, since the baby is pretty much going to be eating whatever you use.) There are several databases online that rate products and tell you all the ingredients and such.  It can get overwhelming (especially when you make a list of all the good brands and the store doesn't...
I'm sorry.  I think a ceremony of some kind is a good idea.  We planted a tree... though it's in the yard, and I still have mixed feelings about it.  
I don't have any magic bullets, but it sounds like you're doing what we did.  I just kept putting him back in his own bed, until I got too sleepy and let him sleep in my bed for the rest of the night - or I'd wake up and put him back in his bed later on.  Eventually he'd stay in longer and longer.  Funnily enough, talking with him at bed time briefly, "Remember, if you wake up in the night, you just roll over and go back to sleep!" actually seemed to help.  Eventually. ...
So sorry.  
I feel bad complaining, because I'm not actually throwing up, but this is the worst I've ever had it.  I'm constantly feeling sick, all day long.  :(  Last time and the time before it was mostly in the evening.  (And then there was my perfect first pregnancy, sigh, I miss feeling great.)  Eating helps for about as long as I'm actually putting food in my mouth. It's kind of wearing me down - that's one reason I haven't been on here!  I've been taking naps and lying around...
I ate taco bell once a week with my first... and I hardly ever ate fast food, even then.  *sigh*  If I could pick one fast food place to magically make healthy...  :) Fresh pineapple is the best thing ever right now...  I need to drag my husband away from Starcraft and make him cut up the new one.  :)  I'm also really liking spaghetti.   
So sorry.   
It probably wouldn't hurt to let him try, it might be enough to make him happy, and you don't have to let him do it every time even if he does like it.  It might be different for you because yours weaned more recently, but when I let my four-year-old nurse after about six months weaned, he said it tasted like "warm, bad milk".  :P Of course, now that he's seven and sees his brother nursing, every now and then he thinks it would be hilarious to try to nurse too.  But I...
So sorry, Irishmama.  It's always hard.  :(
Names are fun!  :) We had rules for our names:  No president's last names (this usually expands to no last names at all, though we've semi-seriously considered Tesla for a girl), no professions (because our last name is Miller, Carpenter Miller would just be silly), and we have to check what the initials spell!  That's the funny part - my husband's family's initials spell things.  He's ARM, his dad is RAM, his sister is JAM... so our boys are SAM and BAM.  :)  We may...