or Connect

Posts by hapersmion

1. Stopping vaccines in the middle of a series isn't a problem. If he didn't have a problem after the vaccines you already gave, I wouldn't worry about damage. I'm not sure if that was what you meant, though. 2. I suggest going to the Finding Your Tribe forum for your state. That's how I found my DS's ped. 3. I thought I was really well-educated with my DS just delaying HepB until 2 months. He was almost completely vaccinated until 12 months, when I...
The requirements for school are the only ones you have to get for the child to attend school. The CDC recommendations don't come with any actual requirements, though they are often used as a guideline by school systems. Also, if you don't want to get the school-required vaccines, you can get an exemption. Most states have provisions for at least medical and religious exemptions, and some have philosophical exemptions as well. I don't know what NY has, but it...
Quote: Originally Posted by OHmidwife I did post about sending CP through the mail, but it was deleted as that may be illegal. I was not advocating mailing items in the first place, since, legal or not, it could put postal workers at risk if the have never had pox or are immuno-compromised. I was just asking if anyone knew first hand of anyone who had caught pox that way. I have talked online to one or two people who got it that way. I don't...
My friend used to get thrush a lot. She always used Gentian Violet. I think you can just go get some from the drugstore. You paint it on your nipples, and put it in the baby's mouth too. Then you will all be purple for a week, but hopefully thrush-free. Good luck! ETA: If you're in that much pain, you might want to watch out for infection - take your temperature every so often. My mom says that when you get milk fever it feels like you have the flu - you're achy...
You could try the Finding Your Tribes board for Canada. I know there are a lot of Canadians on MDC, I bet there are a lot of people out there to help you.
I don't know anything about legal foster care issues, but I think what I would do is try to get the doctor on board. Maybe you can search around (ask on the Finding Your Tribe forums) and find a pediatrician who is open to delayed vaccination. If you can find a doctor who will listen to the symptoms and sign off on a delayed schedule, I would think that would clear you of being accused of neglect or anything.
Personally, I would only want to do one vaccine (especially combo vaccines) per visit, and I'd want to space visits out as far as possible. My DS got most of his shots up to 12 months, because I wasn't as well informed as I am now, and for the next baby we haven't come up with a schedule yet. But we're waiting until he's three for the MMR, then we'll decide whether we need it, and if we want to split it up. I'd put off IPV until he's older, because the chances of...
You should probably try the Finding Your Tribe forum for MA if you haven't already. Good luck!
Someone ought to do some experiments and find out.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabes I have chosen not to vax my kids because it is what I feel is best for them and my family. I also think it is in their best interest to have it while they are fairly young. Now that the youngest is approaching 2, I'm ready. Better to do it now than have it ruin a big vacation at some point or when they are adults. JMHO. SO. . . . . . .I'd love to have some "pox pops" (lollipops sucked on by a DC w/ chicken pops) if...