or Connect

Posts by DoubleLove

With the exception of the great-grandmothers and near strangers, I guess i dont hide the fact that one of my twins (almost 4.5) is nursing about once a day. I did stop nursing in the general public about a year ago because it just didn't feel like the best place to nurse, but I'll nurse in front of family and friends. I just don't see it as anything to hide from people because it feels so perfectly natural and right. Anyone can see that my kids have magic in their steps...
Playstands with a big long silk are great!  They give endless creativity options and little sis could have fun with them too for many years to come.  These were my twins big gift for their 4th birthday and were a total hit.
I have 4 year old twins. My son is thrilled with having the responsibility of wiping down the table after meals.  He can do it independently while we clean up the kitchen.   As for a craft, today we began our first sewing on beads lesson (for star ornaments made from felt) and my daughter was a bit impatient as usual, but my son really got into it.  I started by having them look at the needle closely before first touching it and had them identify which end is sharp. ...
In helping you make these types of decisions, you may find the book "Heaven on Earth: A Parents Handbook of Young Children" helpful.  She specifically writes about creating rythmn out of a hectic schedule.  Our local library had a copy that I really enjoyed.  The whole book is a great read. 
I'm an RN at a small, pretty alternative hospital birth center and most of our mamas and babies sleep in the labor bed together postpartum. We nurses honor this beautiful practice, and if mothers are heavily medicated after surgery, we do recommend a bedside crib or the baby sleep with dad for obvious safety reasons, but in general we just give pointers on safe co-sleeping and leave it at that. Our manager is concerned that if our "risk management" group catches on, we...
Several mamas and I are in the early stages of setting up a parent preschool co-op and I'm looking for advise or resources. We are looking at a multiage 3-5 year olds and are not sure if we will hire a teacher for part time guidance or just do it all ourselves. Some of us are in a waldorf parent/tot preschool already so we are used to maintaining a flow. We are considering renting a space to use as our schoolhouse, however, keeping costs down is important since us mamas...
I too couldn't read all the replies, but I just wanted to give you some encouragement. My twins were born at 31.5 weeks and also given bottles in the NICU. I pumped tons, but had to do it all on one breast since the other is "broken". I did establish a good supply from the start, but it wasn't until my daughter was more than a month past her due date that she finally figured out how to nurse well enough to not need her feeding tube or bottles dripping onto her lips...
Be certain to get your cervix checked! Measuring with a transvaginal ultrasound with be your best indicator if your contractions are doing anything. I had regular contractions every 7-10 minutes apart every single evening and into the night from 20 weeks on. They weren't painful, but they weren't comfortable either. The discomfort was more mid to upper uterus, but not much down in the cervical area. My doctor checked my cervix and it wasn't doing anything, plus with...
We took our twins to Nicaragua when they were 16 months. Not nearly as far as India! but it was still quite an adventure. We used the Baby B'air vests and I was so glad to have those. You strap the child in with your seat belt. They were great because it kept a wiggly toddler confined, which helped calm them, plus when we all fell asleep, they could just rest between our legs in a sitting/reclining position and I wasn't worried about anyone falling off the seat. It...
I see you can buy it here: http://learningtowean.com/ You can preview some of the pages of that book on this site: http://books.google.com/books?id=RPE...age&q=&f=false