or Connect

Posts by fishface

I got the Paragard yesterday.  I have not had children.  I wanted a non-hormonal BC option and even if I wanted it, my doctor would not do the Mirena for me because it is larger.  The sounding of my uterus was the second most intense pain of my life.  External cervix was no problem, internal was a blinding 10/10 pain, though brief.  I thought I was going to launch myself from the stirrups through the wall behind me.  I jumped and I was afraid I screwed up the measurement...
      This post is rude and ill-informed.  Yes, hormonal BC does cause weight gain.  Every single one lists weight gain as a possible side effect.  You are discrediting many, many women on this forum who know their bodies inside and out.  I gained 10, yes, 10!!!!! pounds within a few days during my first week on OCPs a couple months ago!  I could no longer fit into my size 12 jeans and could no longer fit into my medium sized scrubs.  Then within a few days of stopping...
My friend Morgan was in a car crash on Christmas Eve eve and died on Christmas Eve. It's been well-known among my friends that every night when I go to bed, I wish for a dream with her in it. I haven't had one yet. Last week, one of our friends did, and Morgan gave her a message for me: As I was laying in bed that night completely exhausted I started drifting off. I was NOT awake, but I know I wasn't in a full sleep because I knew I was in a dream... Morgan...
I have spastic hemiplegic CP (left side). I can't speak about the kids' cases posted about in this thread but I just wanted to tell you DON'T GIVE UP HOPE. My mom was pitted, I went into distress, and my brain was damaged all so the OBGYN could rush to her kid's kindergarten play. I was diagnosed at age 2 and my parents were told I would never run, never ride a bike, and I would be in special classes. I had surgery and tons of physical therapy as a kid. I ended up...
Quote: Originally Posted by *Jessica* Real Diamond Facts Almost any diamond looks huge to me, because I can't help but imagine the suffering that probably got that diamond where it is. My engagement ring has a tiny diamond chip in it, and I can't even bring myself to wear that, so I go ring-free. Word. And as far as Canadian diamonds are concerned....that's still supporting the diamond industry.
Subbing....unable to read whole thread b/c I'm exhausted, so that's tomorrow's work! Anyway, I have no children & suspect a cystocele. Something chickpea-sized bulging from my vagina (clearly the anterior wall of my vagina), I had a bit of dribbling today at Target while standing up and needing to pee badly, and issues emptying bladder fully. I am FREAKING OUT. My dr. was closed yesterday and I'm just waiting for Monday to call an make an appt and wait for that. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by CookAMH The bride didn't even ask you personally to be her bridesmaid? : That part bugs me. ETA I just saw the update.....holy cow. She, uh, doesn't seem like a very nice gal.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes! I'm a wiener.
I wore the 2yo I watched in a Beco and could still carry his 4yo sister in it. They're petite though so something like an Ergo that doesn't up up so high might be a better bet for some kids.
Quote: Originally Posted by delicious whoa. (lol) How has this not been celebrated yet? Anyhoo, I think that's FABULOUS. Good on her many times over, for BW, EBF, HB, and being an incredibly educated women not only in academics but life!!